Wii Shop+Internet work, WiiConnect24 doesnt...

FireFreek

OMG!!! I'M ON FIRE!
I know it's strange but it's true. No matter what I do, I'm always connected to the internet with my connection, but never WiiConnect24. I'm guessing my Wii is possessed by the devil:mad5: , but then i'd say it's evil. I dont plan on paying 35 bucks for a wi-fi adapter, so i could use someones advice.

Yes my WiiConnect24 is on, and the disc light thing..
I get error 51330
I have a NETGEAR WGR614 v5 router.
Everything works right but Everybody Votes, News, and Forecast Channels. They've never worked before.
Plus, this Wii is new, bought it yesterday.

*sigh* Sorry, not bothering to answer yet another one of these threads.

Try using the search bar to the right, you should find some pointers.
lee

lol, try browsing through the wii online forum, you may find your answer. :thumbsup:

I think the problem is my router. On the Nintendo Wi-Fi website, mine wasn't a compatible router. Though I'm gonna try to update the firmware as soon as my mother get's off the phone.

AGAIN: My router is WGR614v5

congrats on getting your wii by the way. Does it say on the box for your router that it is 'wi-fi certified'?
If it isn't then there is a chance that this is the problem.
Lee.J

Hmm ok, try going through your router's settings by typing this :

That should work,
Lee.J

Well i'm guessing that all hope is lost for me to get any connection directly from my router. The only thing i haven't tried is setting up a LAN network. I'm not completely sure on how to do this, but i could give it a go if you all say it's worth a try.

On the other hand, if that doesn't work, what would be the cheapest way to get connected. I have a few in mind:
  • Buy compatible router and replace old one ($30-100)
  • Buy Wi-Fi adapter ($35)
  • Buy compatible router to extend the network of my current one ($30-100)
Of course i could buy a router off of Ebay for like $10-20

Any other ideas would be helpful.

Last edited:
I say you should definatly invest yourself in a new router, one that you know will work (check with a sales assistant or have a look on the box for 'wi-fi certified').
You won't regret it :)
Lee

lee.jarratt said:
I say you should definatly invest yourself in a new router, one that you know will work (check with a sales assistant or have a look on the box for 'wi-fi certified').
You won't regret it :)
Lee

Or i could just check nintnedo's wifi page for compatible ones. :yesnod:

Look what I just found:

Netgear WGR614v5 * Rarely connects sucessfully to the service
I cant believe i missed this. BTW the asterisk means 1 star out of 5

I dont feel like spending any money on a router, so i'll just try as hard as i could to be one of those rare people.

Back