Wii Shop new releases 11/12

I think they are focusing on selling the games that sold well when they were out, so really anything in VC should be good.

I too am somewhat disapointed that they haven't released some of my favorites at this point. I am happy I have Mario 64 as I love that game and hope they release some of the Mario Kart games soon.

I'm not holding my breath however as I think their strategy is to probably not release too many recent hits that it might take away from regular game sales in retail. If they were to instantly release even 10 of the all time greatest games on the VC it would probably put a dent in the sales of the marginal games on the shelf right now.

For example, I bought Zelda because I love the franchise and I'm sure most people will agree it's a pretty decent game. But the rest of the games are merely ok to me. I haven't played them all of course so I could be very wrong on some of them, but the only other ones that interest me are the racing ones at this point, and given the choice between those and Mario Kart SNES or 64 I know what I'd choose.

I'd be willing to bet that we will continue to see golden oldies, and I do mean oldies, and maybe a top 20 classic every month or so until they can get some new games out there as to not detract from retail sales. If I can't get something for 5 to 10 bucks on the VC for xmas then I might go out and spent 50 on something else once I beat Zelda.

I know this might not apply to everyone, but it sure makes sense to me from a Big N wanting to sell games standpoint.

Whoa guys give it chance, think of the games out. Why release everything at once? Gives you time to play what you've got. More will come, doors will open. Patience...Jeez you guys never seen a Star Wars flick?

I agree.
But I think they should put something a little more popular, at least one out of four they release every monday. It dosent have to be something so popular as a mairo game everytime, but something they know will do better.

What is the point if you can get those free on your computer or even run them on your Xbox 360? They are charging you for roms. LOL.

seriously
wtf is mario kart
to be honest, this may sound retarded, but im getting pretty damn bored of my wii, i need some good virtual console games like mario kart, or a full classic controller game like ssbb. swinging at **** to kll it was fun for the first month, now its just getting gay...seriously

Ty-stick said:
I agree.
But I think they should put something a little more popular, at least one out of four they release every monday. It dosent have to be something so popular as a mairo game everytime, but something they know will do better.

You're so very right.

I know some of you are a little younger than others and don't remember Nintendo and Sega in its younger days. Gunstar Heroes is way better than alot of titles released today. No its not Zelda quality but its still worth it.

The Wii hasn't even been out for a month yet and you people are already bitching. Heres a tip. Put the controller down for a bit. Take a walk. Go hang out with friends. Do something else besides living in front of your tv.

Take what you get and quit your bitching.

Aren't these games out on Friday? I certainly haven't seen them in the Wii shop.

Old games are great, you should try them before putting them down. Me and my brother-in-law spent 2/3 hours the other night playing Bomberman... Great fun :smilewinkgrin:

SiE said:
Aren't these games out on Friday? I certainly haven't seen them in the Wii shop.
These are all US game releases. They come out on Mondays. You're in Europe, right?

Cap'n Meow said:
I know some of you are a little younger than others and don't remember Nintendo and Sega in its younger days. Gunstar Heroes is way better than alot of titles released today. No its not Zelda quality but its still worth it.

The Wii hasn't even been out for a month yet and you people are already bitching. Heres a tip. Put the controller down for a bit. Take a walk. Go hang out with friends. Do something else besides living in front of your tv.

Take what you get and quit your bitching.

Well said.

xbandaidx said:
but is gunstar worth 8 bucks?
Yes, and it always will be.

I really like the idea of the virtual arcade, but so far, nothing I'd like to play. Blah:(

Back