wii sports: tennis, controlling your hit

Hi guys! I wonder if you can answer this question for me clearly:

How do you give the ball lateral spin, that is: Left/right spin?

Elsa and Sarah(The pro's) always do it and its annoying, among many other annoying things.

Advice to anyone trying to get pro: Stop playing the computer after 1000 points. Every match you lose when you're above 2000 points means you lose 28-80/90 points(for straight set/points loss). Also if you lose a game, but win a match, you'll lose 10-40 points.

Inside-out forehands rule! It's my trademark shot in real life, and in Wii-Sports. 14 years of tennis, and I'm not sick of it yet! I feel the Wii tennis will be the same. Anything you need answered is exactly like it is in real tennis. Timing, Timing, Timing, and some good mental toughness.

Timing you say?

Jeremy_und2004 said:
Anything you need answered is exactly like it is in real tennis. Timing, Timing, Timing, and some good mental toughness.
So the trick to making the ball spin laterally is timing?

2400 points of Tennis and I've yet to do a lateral spin. I guess it must be my poor timing

Gah!

surprisejimmy said:
lol im at like 2200 and ive only been able to do it by accident
Argh! I've never been able to do it! Its really annoying too. Just imagine the range of shots you'd have if you could spin it left and right! Your opponents would totally fear your impossible to predict returns!

Or they'd just hit it with the front person

Glad to see that its not a computer-only thing though

Back