Wii Sports: Tennis

Schneideren

Software Engineer Student
May 8, 2007
Denmark
Wii Online Code
3299-0924-7094-7534
Two questions regarding Tennis on Wii Sports.

Anyone know why it is that when you are playing player vs player you do not get any skill points?

Anyone know if there is any plans regaring playing online tennins?

Cheers.

I think the game regards the two player mode as a free game, so it doesn't give you points for that. But if you play on your own, you will receive points because it shows your individual skill level.
And I don't think Wii Sports Tennis will be online in the future or anything but there may be other tennis games that may adapt the online functionality.

Just what I though, and thx for the quick respond Byua ;)

If they could allow points to be 'won' in 2-player games, you'd get some achievement point whore that would set up a multiplayer game and purposely make their Mii win every point. That way they'd get thousands of point with relatively no skill.

True true, although the whole skill points thing in Tennis arent used for anything specific at all, only the AI players you are to play versus...

I'm hoping that something like Virtua Tennis will be released for the wii as it'll be alot more in depth than the wii tennis (i know it's not meant to be in depth) and virtua tennis has always been a good game.

What annoys me about wii tennis is the fact you can't play a singles match which to be quite honest is a joke. I know it's only meant to be a small game but even still you'd expect to be able to play singles.

True true Chewitt, i think i would like to have the option of changing the surface of the game, like grass - concrete ect.... that would be neat. But as you state yourself, it is only meant to be a "beginning" start game..

Wouldnt be hard at all, far from. Searching dev. blogs atm on this topic.

supanova said:
I have a few questions of my own.

What's the highest skill you can get? I'm currently on 1900 something.
If I got 4 remotes, could me and 3 friends play doubles against each other? Like idiots, of course.

Yes - if you have 4 (or even just 3) Wii Motes, you can play with your 2 friends - there will just be added a computer player on one of the teams, or if you like one of the human players will have 2 tennins players to control.

i'm sure the reason why you can't get points is because you could very well cheat by throwing the game from one side of the courst thus raising your points. it's similar to a cheat in one of the mario party games.

well again, you wouldnt get anything off by doing it. Only directly achievement of 'cheating' in this way is that you can face harder enemies and ofcourse show off like "hey look I got 10000 points"

Back