wii technology, not all brand new

Dkw0101

Your Savior
Dec 23, 2007
Wii Online Code
3156-1824-0023-3057
the wii's technology isn't brand new, it's actually pretty obsolete technology if you look at it more deeply. take the pointing, and shooting for example, then think of your television remote or the old nintendo zapper and super scope 6, pretty much the same right? but what about shaking it, well there are plenty of games, fishing to be more specific, that uses the shaking function to make it feel realistic. again not that new. now then how did nintendo get all these rewards for new technology from all these companies(check out wikipedia once in awhile for more info) I don't know exactly, maybe because it was only used every now and then or what. anyway it's just something that I felt like posting, if anyone feels like making a flame war with me kuz i posted this, do it a PM, not the thread.

No one claimed the Wii uses new technology, even Nintendo has not made that claim. They just managed to piece everything together in just the right way at the right price at the right time and struck gold.

However it's not obsolete technology.

And TV remotes and the old light guns are a different technology too.

hey can some1 tell me if you dont have wireless. can u search for a acess point to find ur computer??

yeah dude you have to get your facts straight no one said the wii was new technology the only thing new about it is the way it is use. Its the same tech we have always use except its used in a different way and also the motion sensing. it does what you do alowing you to become more intune with the game. with that it makes a huge difference in gaming

baseball15 said:
hey can some1 tell me if you dont have wireless. can u search for a acess point to find ur computer??
Please dont go off topic like that.

But no, you need a Nintendo USB Wifi Connector or a LAN Adapter.

baseball15 said:

ummm, try the wii online area next time please.

Of course the technology is not all new. It was just all put together nicely like others mentioned.

Fanboys like to say its two Gcubes taped together, so its not all new then :lol:

Lol, and everyone was saying that the Wii was a groundbreaking machine with ultra-realistic components, getta clue. Nobody was saying the Wii was new technology, but the Wii is the most innovative console out there, that's how it's groundbreaking.

Take a look at it's competition, they're nothing new either.

Dkw0101 said:
the wii's technology isn't brand new, it's actually pretty obsolete technology if you look at it more deeply. take the pointing, and shooting for example, then think of your television remote or the old nintendo zapper and super scope 6, pretty much the same right? but what about shaking it, well there are plenty of games, fishing to be more specific, that uses the shaking function to make it feel realistic. again not that new. now then how did nintendo get all these rewards for new technology from all these companies(check out wikipedia once in awhile for more info) I don't know exactly, maybe because it was only used every now and then or what. anyway it's just something that I felt like posting, if anyone feels like making a flame war with me kuz i posted this, do it a PM, not the thread.

What did you really expect with posting something like this?

Nintendo never claimed the wii was new tech, but a new way to play games. Who cares if the tech inside of it is "obsolete" or not? What does that mean anyway? Obsolete. Does it not fullfill the porpose for which it was made? All they did was take something "old' and create a new aplication for it. Is this not done all the time, taking something "old" and finding a new way to use it; thus making it feel "new' again?

The wii is much more than the sum of it's parts, no?

Last edited:
You can't say stuff like that without the fanboys going nuts. It is old technology and Nintendo is making loads of money off the old technology. But it's more how they used the old technology to have a good system. I don't really like the Wii but you can't knock Nintendo cause they've done a very good job with marketing and keeping the demand high for these machines.

as far as i remember, my duck hunt gun never measured the acceleration of my movements.

Back