Wii U spring software update.

GrahamF

WiiChat Member
Oct 8, 2012
Canada
Makes a night and day difference.

Also: where is everyone? On the tiny old Mac forum I used to be on, posts about major updates were made immediately.

Last edited:
Guess_what_nobody_cares.jpg

Its not a massive update, its a kinda pointless little thing,

We ain't Mac fans as we aren't a bit dim

Do you have a Wii U? Then intstall it. It is literally a night and day difference in performance, and the little tweaks are kind of nice too.

Why would I want one? Nothing on it interests me so far

So please don't ruin it for those that do. You're a moderator, right?

blokes gonna bloke

Unlike 90% of the Wii updates which were merely meant t' piss off dumb youngin's who hacked their Wii, Wii U updates actually mean somethin'. Not that this one in particular does anythin' but appeal to modern society's impatience. Cuts most load times clean in half from what I understand. Convenient, but hell if I give a damn. An extra 10 seconds ain't gonna kill no one. Any "hype" this update has received is... well, blatantly retarded.

And on that note, do ya automatically get a prompt for downloadin' this update? /hypocrite

Mostly I just wanted to do was just talk about people's experiences with the update, such as how much they appreciate the faster speeds and what other new features they discovered.

For example, although nintendo claimed that the update was just to improve menu loading, it is more of an overall speed improvement, with games now taking 10 seconds instead of a minute or so. and even Lego City's loading screens seem to be reduced, but not as dramatically.

I discovered the underscan mode has been changed to be system wide, which is a welcome improvement (I have a 51" RPTV that uses crts to project the image, so it overscans everything)

the data management now allows for bulk move/delete, which is much better than moving/deleting each item individually.

And that's all that comes to mind at the moment.

Last edited:
If there's anythin' I want t' talk 'bout, it's why these updates didn't come out sooner/weren't already a part of the hardware straight outta the factory. Not that there'd be much t' talk of if the only reason was time restraints...

underscan mode

... Ain't got a clue what that is.

Originally in a few apps, such as the web browser, there was a setting where you can adjust the overscan (or how much the screen is zoomed in or out). This was awesome, because otherwise on some sets (like mine, even though it's high definition) the screen would have the sides cropped off. This setting allowed you to correct for that a bit.

but appeal to modern society's impatience. Cuts most load times clean in half from what I understand. Convenient, but hell if I give a damn. An extra 10 seconds ain't gonna kill no one. Any "hype" this update has received is... well, blatantly retarded.

Note to today's "Gamer" that aint nothing on loading from a tape, 10 seconds is nothing compared to 10 minutes

Yes yes and when ma and pa were kids they had to walk fifty miles to school, and it was uphill both ways.

Oh yeah, and the snow. Six foot drifts.

Last edited:
And the old consoles had cartridges, so no loading screens at all.

Back