Wii Voice Chat ~ "system has the capability"

haha i still dont have my internet hooked up to the wii haha cuz i dont have wi-fi lmao do i still get the updates without wi-fi nd if i dont get the updates is that bad for my wii?

Man I just found this and I thought I would post a topic about it, good thing I used the SEARCH feature first.

But I am excited to hear that they are moving (slowly) towards this option.

ERock1492 said:
I think that it will soon come later in the next year i mean some games will require the use of voice chat won't they especally a rts game online.

What online RTS are we getting?

But no, it doesn't require voice chat anymore than online FPS (less actually), or online brawling, or online soccer matches. It's really great for all those things, but Nintendo's working on their own schedule. Their regard for non-casual enjoyment is pretty thin.

By the time we get voice chat, we'll be talking about the next gen consoles...sadly.

i really hope wii gets a voice chat function. wii needs some sort of communication. it would go great with brawl

RivalDestiny said:
By the time we get voice chat, we'll be talking about the next gen consoles...sadly.

Well you sound awfully optimistic about us getting a headset. Truthfully Nintendo needs to do almost no work to get this setup. There are tons of blue tooth headsets on the market now. They could easily release a firmware update that would enable this function.

I'm predicting the headset will come out Q2 or Q3 of 08.

I bet Nintendo releases it with Brawl as a free bonus. They will have all the fan boys on their knees.

largedarry said:
Well you sound awfully optimistic about us getting a headset. Truthfully Nintendo needs to do almost no work to get this setup. There are tons of blue tooth headsets on the market now. They could easily release a firmware update that would enable this function.

I'm predicting the headset will come out Q2 or Q3 of 08.

They aren't going to let you use any old headset though. They'll package up their own and make you buy it, at least at first.

Twiik said:
They aren't going to let you use any old headset though. They'll package up their own and make you buy it, at least at first.

Wrong. PS3 and 360 both allow you to use any headset you currently have to use voicechat- the one exception is that I do not believe 360 has a bluetooth option, but I could be wrong.

I'd expect to see the official announcement come with Brawl, or more likely with Mario Kart.

Mid 08 IMO. why Nintendo has waited this long is beyond me. There was a poll on IGN about this. 97% say give us voice chat. And with this announcement (when previously they ignored the subject) we could be seeing it sooner than we think. I HOPE.

Sounds cool, I see this coming right before Christmas as another bonus to get the Wii destroying more competition (I imagine Nintendo takes the chance where they can).

Bumble14 said:
Wrong. PS3 and 360 both allow you to use any headset you currently have to use voicechat- the one exception is that I do not believe 360 has a bluetooth option, but I could be wrong.

I'd expect to see the official announcement come with Brawl, or more likely with Mario Kart.
360 does have a wonderful Bluetooth mic made by Nintendo, $60 USD, but if what that person who said that it would take little to no work for Nintendo to do is right than they;ll definitely surprise with either Brawl or Mario Kart, and they;ll definitely have there own Bluetooth mic like Microsoft.

Back