wii wireless

wild boi

WiiChat Member
Jan 9, 2008
in my home i have a wireless, but my wii doesn't ever pick up the connection, until i move it to another room with a worse and smaller tv. but then it doesnt ever pass the connection test. is there something im not doing or something i can do to get better signal? is there anyone here who has their wii online with an OZENDA router?

Does your Router have an external Antenna that can be unscrewed? I had a simular problem and purchased an indoor OMNI Wi-Fi antenna (4/7 dBi) and connected it to my router and it then boosted the signal and was able to connect my Wii to the Internet.

it cant be un screwed,i think. but im on my laptop now and its even further away than the router and its still really fast

You probably have a reception/interference issue.

Try changing your router to a different channel (1/6/11). Many wireless cards include a site survey feature so you can scan and see what APs are out there using what channels, that way you'd know which has the least interference.

Your router could just have too weak of an antenna to get to the room with your Wii. Not all routers are equal, and you get what you pay for. Upgrading to a better router with stronger transmit power would help. Some allow external antenna connections so you can hook up an even better antenna on top of that.

More help can be found...

Go to: www.nintendo.com
Click on: Support
Click on: Connecting to the Internet (Getting Online)

Also see:
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/routers/en_na/routerIndex.jsp

now why is it i posted the exact same thing and nobody posted but when he posted it people reply to it

PwnMastr said:
now why is it i posted the exact same thing and nobody posted but when he posted it people reply to it
Why is it the both of you post the exact same question that has been asked 1000 times before on these forums, without doing a search first?

The answers you're being given are the generic answers to the generic problems you're asking. There are only so many times in a day that we feel like repeating ourselves over and over to those too lazy to do a search first for their question (which has probably already been answered with the exact same info that will help them too).

Back