wiimote alternatives?

rbanke

WiiChat Member
Feb 4, 2007
Hello, About 3 weeks ago I bought a wii. I was pretty excited about it and thought it would be alot of fun, but I have to say I simply cant stand the 'wiimote'. I find it uncomfortable and akward in most games that I have (zelda, red steel, monkey ball) although it seems ok for wii sports (but to me, wii sports comes off more as training wheels for the wiimote than a game). So on to my question, Does anyone have information on if there are any 'normal' controllers in the works for the wii, or even maybe a future update to allow the classic controller to be used instead of the wiimote? I have to say that I am disapointed that i spend most of my time on the wii playing virtual console games of the past, instead of the new games.

Thanks

I second that. I dig the wiimote but it should be optional with some games.

wow thats new. most people i have come across love the remote-nunchuk combo just like me. but i guess its a matter of opinion.

I think that if you say " Why can't I use a normal controller" you should be instantly banned. The wii is a normal controller.

To Balsho: it will be for games that really need it. *cough*brawl*cough*

Last edited:
Brawny said:
I think that if you say " Why can't I use a normal controller" you should be instantly banned. The wii is a normal controller.

To Balsho: it will be for games that really need it. *cough*brawl*cough*

You tell me what words to use to diferentiate a non wii controller and the wii controller and I'll use them. To the majority the 'wiimote' is unique, and the 'standard' controller is what we have been using for years, something that you push buttons on.

I love the Wii-mote for Zelda, absolutely LOVE it. DBZ Tenkaichi 2 is really tough getting used to with the Wiimote, but I am getting there...

rbanke said:
You tell me what words to use to diferentiate a non wii controller and the wii controller and I'll use them. To the majority the 'wiimote' is unique, and the 'standard' controller is what we have been using for years, something that you push buttons on.

The Wiimote IS the standard controller for the Wii. Would you rather have the Wii a clone of the Xbox? The Wii was intended to be DIFFERENT style of gaming. If you want the same-old stuff go get an Xbox360 or PS3

rbanke said:

How about "wiimote" and "Those stupid dual analog pieces of crap that somehow we got by on"

It is pretty funny how rude some people can be when another person doesnt like something they do. This post has a reason, that reason was to ask if anyone happend to know if Nintendo is working on an alternative. It also gave some input on why I would want that alternative.

As to the controller being the difference between a unique console, and a 'xbox clone', I just dont understand that. 'dont like the controller, get an xbox or ps3' If that is your method of choosing, what reason would there be to choose a gamecube over a ps2 or original xbox? They all have pro's and con's, I looked at the wii for months and decided to buy one (i dont exactly see a way to test drive a wii before buying). In the end, game systems are game systems, not exactly the most important thing in the world, and certainly not something to be so rude to other people about because they have a difference of opinion.

So again, anyone have an answer for my original question?

Last edited:
rbanke - Why would you get excited with the Wii when you don't like the controller? :tard: Its not like you'd buy it for the totally awesome graphics and multimedia capabilities. :tard:

Hi rbanke,

I couldnt find much on the development of a more classical controller, but it has been mentioned in the past.
You will find more information here, in the "Classic controller" paragraph :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Remote

The two interviews mentioned are kind of old, so it looks like Ninty gave up on the idea of a "PS3-like controller" and went for the classic controller instead. Not sure though... :confused:
So don't give up !

It is pretty funny how rude some people can be when another person doesnt like something they do.

I tend to agree. People are very helpful as long as nothing is criticised about the Wii, but they seem to take every critic (even constructive ones) like a personal attack and feel a need to defend Nintendo.
While I understand that they are very strongly attached to Nintendo, I think it very often damages the potentially helpful/informative content of a thread.

If you want to discuss "Why the wiimote+nunchuck combination is better than anything else", then make a thread about it. The question asked here is different ! ;)

Last edited:
wiiremote is uncomfortable ?? this is ridiculous....
and you even considering exchange the wiiremote for a non sensitivity motion sense controller....

u guys are probably holding in the wrong position...
i can play zelda all lay down on the sofa just like if i im sit on the sofa just as normal...

i remember this dude who sell his wii because according to him, the wii dos not respond wright and is confusing and the controller is so confusing....

the problem was the sensor bar of the animal.... just trowed completely in wrong position anywhere on top of tv....

Last edited:
not sure if someone posted this but on the back of the game it will tell ya if you can play with classic controller... hope that helps.

Back