Wiimote not working during playing games...

maduser74

WiiChat Member
Dec 30, 2006
Hi All,
I am having a weird wiimote problem...

I was playing Tennis in Wii Sports and suddenly the system doesn't sense the wiimote's position... I came out of the game and in the wii main screen the sensor works and am able to select different channel with the same remote... I go back to bowling and suddenly the system is not sensing the locations of the wiimote movements...When buttons (A) or (B) are pressed it does the appropriate action..

I thought it was the game.. I tried Super Monkey ball bonanza game and same thing there...As soon as i go into the game the sensing doesn't work. Out of the game works fine in choosing various things.

Has anyone seen like this ? Should i contact nintendo ?

Thanks

Oh.BTW this is the wiimote that came with the system. I have 2 other remotes and those are working fine..

I tried changing the batteries, but same result. It didn't work as soon as i went into the game...

Maybe i should contact the tech support.

Thanks

This is your problem:

Is your player indicater blue light on? If not take the cover to the batteries off, then open the slot to the SD card slot. you'll see maroon like colored buttons in each place. Press both buttons at the same time. Try it multiple times if it doesn't work. If it doesn't work, then turn your Wii off, then turn it on and try it again, and it should work again.

Try that. I've had this problem a few times and all of those methods work.

Hi all,

Thanks for all the replies..

I called the tech support and they told me that the sensor part in the remote might have jammed. So they asked me to keep the remote face down (buttons down) on one palm and hit hard on the back with your other palm. This will fix the jaming sensor part and to quote him he said "its all physics"... I did what he said and its working now.

Hope that helps for others..

Thanks

maduser74 said:
Hi All,
I am having a weird wiimote problem...

I was playing Tennis in Wii Sports and suddenly the system doesn't sense the wiimote's position... I came out of the game and in the wii main screen the sensor works and am able to select different channel with the same remote... I go back to bowling and suddenly the system is not sensing the locations of the wiimote movements...When buttons (A) or (B) are pressed it does the appropriate action..

I thought it was the game.. I tried Super Monkey ball bonanza game and same thing there...As soon as i go into the game the sensing doesn't work. Out of the game works fine in choosing various things.

Has anyone seen like this ? Should i contact nintendo ?

Thanks

trie resyncing it

if anyone else is having problems, most wiimotes are still under warranty, my friend was having trouble with his, and he got a brand new one.

Back