WiiMote - Power off without powering off console?

strommsarnac

WiiChat Member
Dec 28, 2006
USA, Central Ohio
Dumb question and I should know but for the life of me I don't and don't ever remember reading about how to turn off JUST a WiiMote without turning off the console.

I did a few searches but I must be getting the wrong syntax.

Just so I'm clear, say I have 4 wiimotes active and I want to turn off the fourth one, but not the others or the console. How?

And I mean without opening the battery door and pulling a battery. Not very practical especially with a grip skin.

Thanks.

i don't think there's a way. it just turns off automatically after a few minutes of not being in use.

Like kaydee09 said, use the 3 but "forget" about the forth.

I know you asked about how to turn one off and not the others, but it should only take a second to turn the other three back on. I believe you can accomplish this by hitting the home button and then configure the controller. I don't have my wii with me right now, so sorry for the lack of specifics.

I usually just pop out the batteries and pop them back in.

Luigi! said:
Yep. Just yank out the batteries
Which as I mentioned is a PITA to do with a skin on.

That's why I was asking about another method.

I forgot about the Home Screen.

Forgive me, but what the heck does this mean? "use the 3 but "forget" about the forth."

strommsarnac said:
Forgive me, but what the heck does this mean? "use the 3 but "forget" about the forth."

If it isn't used for some period of time (5mins?), it shuts itself off. "forget it" means don't use it, and it'll go off on it's own.

I wonder if you can turn off the only wiimote your using with that home menu.? I pull my batteries when I'm sitting in player options on MoHH2 waiting for my server to populate.

*sigh* You go to the home menu, then click on the bottom. Then you hit "Reconnect" and it shuts off the remote and keeps the console powered.

Back