Wiimote works after I took it apart, sort of

banjoman

WiiChat Member
Jul 6, 2007
I made a screwdriver to fit by grinding off one wing on a small philips, worked like a charm. I took it apart and looked it over and saw nothing obvious, the battery connections and solder joints looked good, I didn't see any cracks in the board. So after about 15 minutes checking it out I put it back together and put the batteries in and the lights started blinking. I thought it was fixed until I tried to sync it. I got it to sync as remote #1 and played some golf, it was real slow, I would swing back and it was like a delay and when I swing forward it was slow as crap. I tried several different games with the same results. I tried several time to get it to sync as #2 or #3 but it will not do it. And after I reset everything I could not get it to sync again at all. Kind of strange. If they wont take it back I'll try to take it apart again and check the sensor in the front to see if something is wrong with that part of the wiimote.

banjoman

i'd be the accelerometers...not the IR camera...and you pretty much screwed yourself there...

do NOT call nintendo...there's people out there with problems who DIDN'T screw around with the insides. hahaha

sorry if I'm ghey today. I'm tired, but I can't sleep. Ao now i'm just yelling at people like you who don't deserve it. hahahahha

Now it works fine?

I'm not sure, it seems fine now. The guy I got it from is sending me another one then I'll send this one back, not bad for $20 and now I know how to take it apart and I did it without making any marks on the Wiimote so anyone would be hard pressed to even detect I took it apart. How did I pry it apart at the top and not leave any marks? That was easy and a trade secret. Now if I can just beat my 257 score in the bowling game!

Banjoman

banjoman said:
I'm not sure, it seems fine now. The guy I got it from is sending me another one then I'll send this one back, not bad for $20 and now I know how to take it apart and I did it without making any marks on the Wiimote so anyone would be hard pressed to even detect I took it apart. How did I pry it apart at the top and not leave any marks? That was easy and a trade secret. Now if I can just beat my 257 score in the bowling game!

Banjoman

Very sneaky!

Back