Will you buy Final Fantasy series for the Wii?

demonflair said:
What's the point in choosing the traditional controller when we have the Wiimote??? The gameplay experience in Wii will be always better with the Wiimote.

I don't have aproblem with them using the wiimote for it. It's celestial who has the problem. They can find plenty of things to do with the wii mote for that game. I rather them use the wiimote anyway.......... But the wiimote suit FF crystal chronicles gameplay wayyyyyy better than the main series of FF......FFCC is more of free roam fighting. FFmain series is more of like a dragon quest style or pokemon for adavnce.

Celestial said:
Oh yeah, thanks hotpotato.. make me sound like a bad person...

i'm not making nothing lmao....... You have a problem with it how can i make you look like a bad person. The wiimote sees you as a bad person lmao. just kidding but anyway, that's your opinion if you don't like the controller for the game.

Even a simple thing like what we saw in FFVIII with Squall's Gunblade - time a swing of the Wiimote for a critical hit. Sounds good to me.

for sure!!!
great multiplayer on cube, the Crystal Chronicles one

What if you used the wii remote as more of a mouse , pointing on the screen to do actions in battles, to streamline the process more than a normal controller. Also the final fantasy series has had some great side quest type minigames. (I don't mean using the wiimote for the card games, but imagine something similar to blitzball :D) It just has potential that way, you don't want to be slashing constantly in an rpg game. Or using it like a mouse to browse shops quicker.

I wouldn't mind it for the minigames, but as a mouse... it would be kinda slow... and you do have to be quite tactical and fast in Final Fantasy 12.

Celestial said:
Oh yeah, thanks hotpotato.. make me sound like a bad person...

Hey I wasn't trying tell you that you were a bad person for choosing what's good for you. All ppl have their own opinions, and it's good to know all the diferent opinions of the members on this forum.

I am not Buying the Crystal Chronicles Bullsh*t, Unless it gets great reviews I want what PS3 is having that is final fantasy 13 if I can't have that then I'd rather they go remake some of the old final fantasy's and update them for the wii.

Last edited:
markmanuel18 said:
I am not Buying the Crystal Chronicles Bullsh*t, Unless it gets great reviews I want what PS# is having that is final fantasy 13 if I can't have that then I'd rather they go remake some of the old final fantasy's and update them for the wii.

I'm expecting good reviews, the game doesn't look that great. BTW I think that Wii needs a good RPG, like for example Tales of Symphonia for the GC.

MasterJedi2U said:
Yeah I want a REAL Final Fantasy game...not this Crystal Chronicles sh*t that Square Enix is trying to force onto Nintendo gamers. Its stupid, looks completely dumb to the point where I want to call it "kiddie", and will never be as good as a real FF game. Damn it I want to play FF XIII! The title, "Fabula Nova Crystallis" is so cool and the trailer looks awesome. Not to mention that there are 4 parts to this FF game and they are all different.

Yea i know what you mean. Although all FF's are fun, whatever happened to the numbered ones, with the distinct storyline, cool characters, awesome gameplay, turn-based fighting and so on?:cryin:

Tell me about it...its enough to make me want to just yell in frustration. We deserve to have a Final Fantasy game NOW...The horrible/bad thing though is that if Crystal Chronicles doesn't do good Square might not think its financially beneficial to them to release a main Final Fantasy title on the Wii. So I think the best thing that could happen is that everyone buys Crystal Chronicles (no matter how shitty it turns out to be) and then we all call them to complain about it. And we tell em that we want the REAL Final Fantasy on the Wii.

I thought that FFCC was good. I still don't know why everyone complains about FFCC. It was a different twist and they left alot of room for improvements. I think their are alot of elements missing that could make the FFCC series better than the main series. But definitely i rather the free fighting gameplay more than the waiting system. But Squareenix could really make that game a big hit if they wanted to...

When i first heard of the game i thought it was good. and never thought of it as being the same as the other final fantasies and i think that is where people went wrong. playing a game expecting it to be like its leader and when it differs everyone says it sucks or whatever

Last edited:
Well, I'm willing to give it a shot....I will try and get my hands on the first one on game cube if I can find it for a good price and give it a try......If I don't like it I will pass on the new one..If I like it I will try the new one....If the new one get's good reviews and I don't like the old one I will still like to play it and see for myself how it works with the wiimote.....does anyone know if the old one had GF'S(the monsters you are able to summon).

Back