wireless in a wired home

woodcutter

WiiChat Member
Jan 30, 2011
florida
HI, I am a new member.

I have a wired home network with eather net outlets built into the walls of most rooms in the house. But no outlets where I am placing my NEW WII. I could have a wire ran in the walls to the new site, but that would be very costly. So I am thinking wireless. I can buy a wireless router and hook it up to a wired eathernet outlet near the Wii. But every thing I have read about the wireless router is that you have to use a computer to set it up. Which means I need a wireless card for one of the computers, which is already online with its wired eathernet connection.

Question: Can I use the NEW WII as a computer to setup the router without using a PC?????

Thank you for any help.

:blackwii:

not sure how to answer your question; just like to point out that you could buy a Lan Adapter if you don't want to go with wireless. i have datel one that served me well before i had a wireless router.

edit-also still unsure if this any help but you might wanna read this:

www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-online/75420-how-connect-wii-internet-without-wireless-router.html

edit2-thre's also a nintendo dongle that hooks into the computer that creates a wireless signal for the wii; it's been years since we talked about it though....

Last edited:
Your computer doesn't need to connect via wireless to setup. What it means is that a computer will be needed to configure it. What you'll do is connect your new wireless access point or router to a active port. Afterwards on your computer you'll open your web browser and type in the IP address to enter it's web gui to configure it.

Back