worth it?? i think not

I have to say after 20 hours straight playing Wii sports and Zelda my arm is damn tired and sore lol... but I enjoyed every minute of it... My Wii works just fine, my only trouble was that it didn't work with my Wifi Max(not Nintendo brand) so I just had to go out and buy a router and everything is okay in the world again...

Where is the poll option ! :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

I know, but can someone please reply to me...
WHERE IS THE POLL OPTION !!!!??:eek: :eek:

Who the hell is dissapointed? I must have watched and read more revieww before buying the Wii than anyone else on the internet... and I almost knew what I was getting. But damn, it exceeded my expectations and then some. Whoever is dissapointed either had no idea what they were getting themselves into or is a 500 Lb. fat bastard that can't swing his/her arms for more than 3 minutes without sweating uncontrolably. And defective units? It seems the Wii launch has less defective units than any other launch I have seen not to mention a quick call to Nintendo will get that sorted out right away. So please, I would really like to hear from the people that are dissapointed with their Wii and tell me why.

Yeah, I agree but....
WHERE IS THE POLL OPTION, OMG! ??:confused: :confused: :confused:

Is it in a game, or on the Wii menu.

Mine was the same way in Zelda, but there is a place to fix that in the options menu. Once I calibrated it, it worked fine.

Mitch2025 said:
the ONLY gripe i have is the Wii mote pointer thing is off and i cant figure out how to fix it. if i point the wiimote to the center of the screen, the arrow will be off the screen on the bottom
OK NOOB! sorry but you just back up more and its procise

$?wii?$ said:
ive been on other forums and some of the Americans that recieved thier wii's today arent very happy :( alot of people are complaining about:

1) flaws in red steel {dissapointed coz i was going to get that game!}
2) about how the motion sensor is too sensitive and isnt working correctly
3) complaining that there arms get too tired easily
4) some people have recieved faulty Wii's and have to return them to get a new one

there are more but i cant remember them now.

so is it really worth spending money on such a machine?

P.S I am not a fanboy BUT i do hate it when people say that 'Atleast its cheaper than a PS3'. Well i honestly think that the PS3 is worth it, as your not just getting a games console but you are getting an entertainment system but thats another argument...

1. Well, if there are glitches in Red Steel, they may be corrected with a patch.
2. Motion Sensitivity can be adjusted.
3. Excercise.
4. Yeah, that sucks, but any product that is manufactured always has some defective units.

Yeah, it's worth it.

Most of the broken wiis people get, are not broken when they get it. This is what happend.

On day one, when the wii launched, They plugged in thier wii and set up thier internet. The wii tried to update the firmware when it gets a solid connection. Everyone in the USA at the same time was doing this. Now nintendo had a little oversight issue and the firmware updates were updateing internal memerie as they were streaming on the internet. This wasent good. So some people connections timed out with a incompleat firmware update, and if you know anything about computers, that means you have a new paper weaght.

No its not so much of an issue becuse nentendo isent getting hammerd. yes its pritty bad oversight, but if you get one, what ever you do, NEVER EVER stop the update and make sure your connection is good to go before it trys.

$?wii?$ said:
ive been on other forums and some of the Americans that recieved thier wii's today arent very happy :( alot of people are complaining about:

1) flaws in red steel {dissapointed coz i was going to get that game!}
2) about how the motion sensor is too sensitive and isnt working correctly
3) complaining that there arms get too tired easily
4) some people have recieved faulty Wii's and have to return them to get a new one

there are more but i cant remember them now.

so is it really worth spending money on such a machine?

P.S I am not a fanboy BUT i do hate it when people say that 'Atleast its cheaper than a PS3'. Well i honestly think that the PS3 is worth it, as your not just getting a games console but you are getting an entertainment system but thats another argument...

Look sonny boy, why don't you just go and play one before you make silly assumptions? It's the only way you'll know for sure, so stop being a tool.

1) flaws in red steel {dissapointed coz i was going to get that game!}I've never played the game, so I am not capable of responding to this comment
2) about how the motion sensor is too sensitive and isnt working correctlyThe motion sensor is not too sensitive. I can guarantee that, but if you were to point the Wiimote directly at the TV, the cursor will not be aligned with the controller.
3) complaining that there arms get too tired easilyTell those pussies to quit their bitcing and get in shape.
4) some people have recieved faulty Wii's and have to return them to get a new oneNo matter what system you choose, there will always be faults/bugs when it is first released.

its the first gen of a new console... there will always be bugs with it. take a look at any other console, specially with the more newer ones.. the more "complex" the console is, the more things are bound to go wrong.. and will. look at the ps3's... half the consoles are messed up, cost more than 2x the wii and people are still buying them.

and for those who complain about their arms hurting... ur either just playing too much, or ur fat.

its the first gen of a new console... there will always be bugs with it. take a look at any other console, specially with the more newer ones.. the more "complex" the console is, the more things are bound to go wrong.. and will. look at the ps3's... half the consoles are messed up, cost more than 2x the wii and people are still buying them.

Yeah happens all the time, as much as I love Nintendo, I was an unfortunate one to get a defective unit. I kept getting a black screen on several different occasions.

1st time - Going into the Shop channel (I know that alot of people maybe accessing it, but I got a black screen and waited like 10mins till i restarted the system.

2nd - Booting Trauma Center, Wii Sports, or Zelda. I get the black screen on occasion, maybe like 3/10 times.

3rd - Booted up RE:4

4th - Didnt get the black screen but, System froze trying to access the Wii memory.

5th - My Wii remote just lost Sync for no reason just moments ago...wth -_-... accck Now it's not resyncing.

I wouldn't say I'm dissapointed w/Nintendo, but I'm going to hate waiting on another one to replace it :(.

Last edited:
Back