Would you pay for wii online if.....

baldbull

WiiChat Member
Jan 25, 2009
PA
Would you be willing to pay for wii online if it was as good as xbox live?

I was thinking about it, and I would. It would be awesome to have no more friend codes, see all kinds of cool stats, and have access to netflix from the wii. I mean, i would like all of these for free, but I would pay for them if it was that good.

I've seen lots of these threads, yep..

Either way, ofcourse I'd be willing to. Imagine games like Brawl with DLC, much better servers meaning no lag and finding opponents faster, no more FCs, and ofcourse, leaderboards. The Wii would be epic. That, ofcourse, might become true though.

I remember seeing a thread(pre-wiichat apocolypse)about Nintendo beginning to charge a fee for online gameplay, in the near future. The question is, will they make their servers better and their online community system MUCH better? If they don't, then screw you nintendo. Paying for the way online works now is blasphemy.

I've seen lots of these threads, yep..

Either way, ofcourse I'd be willing to. Imagine games like Brawl with DLC, much better servers meaning no lag and finding opponents faster, no more FCs, and ofcourse, leaderboards. The Wii would be epic. That, ofcourse, might become true though.

I remember seeing a thread(pre-wiichat apocolypse)about Nintendo beginning to charge a fee for online gameplay, in the near future. The question is, will they make their servers better and their online community system MUCH better? If they don't, then screw you nintendo. Paying for the way online works now is blasphemy.

I agree with everything said there.

Yeah i am a big fan of call of duty world at war and i always lag, and get internet connection interupted, and it gets anoyin if nintendo started makin us pay for online game play and dont make the servers better i just want play wii and go buy a 360.

But if they started makin us pay and make the servers better i will be willing to pay for online game play.

i woudlnt, i think the online function of the wii works quite well.

friend codes arent that big of a problem, i never have any issue with drop outs (on MKW, GHWT and TW09).

people are always going to ***** about something. they ***** about the quality of online play and if you had to pay for it, they would ***** about that, even if it was better.

people are always going to ***** about something. they ***** about the quality of online play and if you had to pay for it, they would ***** about that, even if it was better.

So true.. so very true. There's a difference between bitching and justified complaining, though.

You mentioned a few games like GH or MKW which have great wi-fi servers, the lag can be handled and drop outs are very rare. Some games, like Brawl, aren't blessed with this though. You do have to admit not everything can be good, and some(infact, most)of the wi-fi games reek when it comes to online capabilities.

Oh.. and just for the sake of it, friend codes aren't exactly the root to annoyance from the Wii's online services, but it would be nice if there was something simpler, yeah? Every little thing adds up, in terms of quality. While I can perfectly tolerate FCs, something like gamertags would be much more efficient and easy.

I remember seeing a thread(pre-wiichat apocolypse)about Nintendo beginning to charge a fee for online gameplay, in the near future. The question is, will they make their servers better and their online community system MUCH better? If they don't, then screw you Nintendo. Paying for the way online works now is blasphemy.

I think that fee you're talking about was the red paytoplay logo Nintendo put on certain games, Guitar Hero WT for example. All this means is certain DLC will be available for a price, such as new songs. But in response to your question, I would definitely pay a fee for all the online benefits xbox live has.

Not really. It should be expected that online services are decent and free. In fact Steam is free and it is way better than Xbox Live and its free. Battle.net is also a pretty good service (not as good as Xbox live) and it still free. It just happens to be a system that is 10 years old and needs a decent update. Although it has survived pretty well. I disagree with notion that one needs to pay for good online services.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_(content_delivery)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle.net

Also, if you are having trouble with connecting online, I suggest you upgrade to a better network. If you are using DSL, I suggest upgrading to something such as Fios or Cable.

Not really. It should be expected that online services are decent and free. In fact Steam is free and it is way better than Xbox Live and its free. Battle.net is also a pretty good service (not as good as Xbox live) and it still free. It just happens to be a system that is 10 years old and needs a decent update. Although it has survived pretty well. I disagree with notion that one needs to pay for good online services.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_(content_delivery)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle.net

Also, if you are having trouble with connecting online, I suggest you upgrade to a better network. If you are using DSL, I suggest upgrading to something such as Fios or Cable.

exactly i agree with you we pay for online internet already......

Back