Wrist Strap Recall

No Smoking

WiiChat Member
Dec 9, 2006
Sydney
No more how do i make my wrist strap strong no more im afraid my gf will break my tv with the wii mote. Nintendo have issued a recall of all wrist straps worldwide. Personally i think its a bit of a joke any person with half a brain would know if you swing as hard as you can and you let go the wrist strap is going to break. I guess nintendo got scared that some idiot who broke their tv was going to sue them *sigh* http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6182013.stm

Some people are just really stupid! I honestly can't understand all these straps breaking and remotes being lodged in people's TV's!! I guess Nintendo are covering their backs and responding to the bad press. Fair play to them

My dad keeps reading about the accidents and keeps saying 'Well dont smash the TV' as if me and my sister are idiots. It's so annoying...
Well, hopefully these new 'super straps' will stop this ;)

I think it's crazy, I can't see how people are lettin go of them, me and my friends haven't been even close to letting go, I don't have the biggest of hands so my grip won't be as good as some people and even I haven't had any trouble when swinging the thing, can't understand it.

Exactly. My hands are getting sweaty as anything, but I'm nowhere near letting them go at all. Except... forget it...

It doesn´t really has to be that you trown the thing. My daughter stood to close to the table, and smashed the remote against it )playing bowling). Then the Wrist Strap broke. I called Nintendo asking where to buy a new one. They said they would send me a free one.....

P.S.: The remote isn´t damaged.... lucky us!

More information just released: The wrist strap are being replaced with vv
wiihand.jpg

lol! That actually made me lol. Good work ;) Though it is quite sad i laugh at things like this at my age...

I found this...
wiistrapnew.jpg

Last edited:
This is cool !!!!!
It could be a solution!!!!!...... mmmhhhh, I believe I have some spare handcuffs somewhere in the house....... I will try to cut them in two... One for each Wiiremote!

Lol the one on the left still doesnt look too strong im sure someone will still manage to break that lol

Is it true

I have seen on BBC news that nintendo might recall some of their wii consoles because of the hazards they cause to children and adults.This will give the chance to sony and microsoft to exceed nintendo. This is giving me a change of mind on whether to buy a wii or another console. Please tell me if this is true.

Last edited:
I don't know if this is true or not but I do know it's a ridiculous reason not to purchase the wii. Like so many have said before, get a grip (literally) on the controller.

bluescythe said:
This will give the chance to sony and microsoft to exceed sony.

what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescythe
This will give the chance to sony and microsoft to exceed sony.

what?

sorry i meant to say nintendo

um

put it this way, people make mistakes and accidently lose grip on the controller..

but to think that this is guarantee'd to happen.. is stupid. if you seriously think that "oh, its gonna break my tv if i get one cuz im too stupid to hold onto the freakin controller" then don't buy one. let someone else enjoy it..

i have tested the controller when it was sweaty too.. i don't even know how people throw these wiimotes around the room. i get a a good grip on it, and im fine (no, not squeezing the wiimote till it pops, but pretty firmly) i've had no problems whatso ever.

and im really sick of these issues being brought up.. people buy cars, people crash cars.. is it guarantee'd to happen? no. but accidents happen (let me just say that the chance of throwing a wiimote is even less than having a car accident, possibly not, but it depends on the dumbasses)

Back