Wii Wrist Strap Statement

I agree with ssbb_lover :) I've had my Wii for a couple of weeks now, the straps are fine, i play every day, nothing goes wrong. Maybe cause I'm Australian and the straps are newer? I don't know. Either way, it doesn't feel like nintendo is totally fu**ed.. games are still being released for play and all rite? It feels fine to me anyway.

Most of the news stories I've seen here in the uk regarding the patent infringement agree that it's unlikely Interlink will successfully sue Nintendo.

News Story Link

I have a friend who has busted the Wiimote strap (I don't get my wii until tomorrow!) they were very, very drunk at the time and were maybe being a bit over zealous playing Wii sports Tennis!

My other mates have had no trouble at all with the Wiimote strap (but they've been fairly sober so far this Christmas!)

ssbb_lover said:
This is all ****! My God! Why do ppl have to get on these boards and post this stuff?!

Listen, you monkeys that are saying Nintendo will lose $40 mil and are going to run out of business and are going to fail for the rest of eternity, you're all dumbasses. The case isn't even over yet, if they did lose it's not going to be $40 mil, I guarantee you, plus, they're making a re-call on the straps.

Another thing, just test the damn remote when you first get it, IF IT HAS A RIP IN THE STRING, DON'T USE IT!!!!

Idiot noob: "Hey look, there's a rip in the strap...oh well, it should be fine."

Strap breaks, wiimote breaks TV.

Idiot noob: "What a bad product, I think i'll sue."

Guys, you have to be an absolute retarded baffoon monkey to have this happen, as long as you test the strap or at least look at it to make sure it's not going to break, it should be all good.

I'm sry if anyone who's broken a strap is my friend in anyway, but you're pretty stupid.

If you've noticed, out of all the ppl on this forum, no one has mentioned their strap breaking. This is is all bs and should be thrown in the trash like the garbage that it is. :mad5:
dude Nintendo is going to lose 40 million the person that suing for the copy right thing is suing for three times of how much it cost plus the suing thing for the strap

Samster said:
so are they expecting users to send in the original straps before they'll mail out the revised ones?

This would leave remotes strapless for a period and surely lead to more damaged screens / lampshades / windows / walls / family members?

Oh my god.. hahahahahahahjdfakfkajhd... family members.. hahahaa

OK EVERYONE!!!!

well I can touch alotta aspects to this subject but I shall say what I gotta say and leave with a link for you too watch vids....

I've had my Wii for 4 weeks and 2 days to the current time...I basically have played every day and with friends using 4 controlers...we never had any incidents happen...but after seeing this video and hearing about it on the news and yes I did aply for new straps even though I don't need them...

VIDEO

but if you watch these videos I can see how people are messing up. :yikes:
so people at times get stupid and do stupid things...nintendo really shouldn't have anything to deal with it...when it comes down to it it's the actual consumer's missuse..

ScottieD said:
OK EVERYONE!!!!

well I can touch alotta aspects to this subject but I shall say what I gotta say and leave with a link for you too watch vids....

I've had my Wii for 4 weeks and 2 days to the current time...I basically have played every day and with friends using 4 controlers...we never had any incidents happen...but after seeing this video and hearing about it on the news and yes I did aply for new straps even though I don't need them...

VIDEO

but if you watch these videos I can see how people are messing up. :yikes:
so people at times get stupid and do stupid things...nintendo really shouldn't have anything to deal with it...when it comes down to it it's the actual consumer's missuse..

it's always like that though... the consumer is at fault, yet the democracy makes it possible to make it the distributors fault. Just like getting Mc Donalds for being fat.

lilsam said:
Fully agree

There are enough warnings

I play in a small bedroom and never have hit anything
same, except i don't even use the wrist strap :crazy:

humans excel among other animals in our ability to grip with our thumbs.

I don't understand how you can let go of the remote. Pack of fools.

I still ordered 2 new wrist straps just incase! :smilewinkgrin:

intekmdma.. at nintendo.com u can order the straps and after they send u the order number u can track them... i got mine on the way...

Last edited:
Right Now!!! Online!!! Duh......

VashPR said:
intekmdma.. at nintendo.com u can order the straps and after they send u the order number u can track them... i got mine on the way...

should i be calling them? It's been approximately 2 weeks already since i've ordered the straps.

Back