Xfire on Wii??

Barbz911

is a true Brawler
Dec 8, 2007
A Milk Carton
Wii Online Code
3521-2272-3993-4863
I searched for this and couldnt find it so decided to inform all of you..

Q&A: Xfire's Mike Cassidy Talks Console

Are the 360 and Wii closed off to you?

Integration with the 360 will clearly be more difficult than with other console partners.

You previously commented that you were "in talks with one other console maker", but haven't revealed who this is. Is it safe to assume that you were talking about Nintendo, and what has become of this discussion?

Stay tuned!
It says March 29,07 but still this could still happened
Source=http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=13325

lets look at reasons why the can't and why they can work together
reasons why they can't.
a.) nintendo would have to change their online friend codes to match up with the xfire thing and nintendo will never do that.
b.) i got nothing

reasons why thay can
a.) like i said it would make them change friend codes and if nintendo hears enough complaints about it they may have to change it and find a partner to help them with it.
b.) a lot of companies that put games on nintendo are partners with xfire sooo yeah

Click here for the list of Xfire partners

also if you want to add a buddy you have to accept or denie (i cant spell lol) there invitation....so its kind of like a friend code but its a username instead of numbers

I can only see Xfire on the Wii as a major benefit. Nintendo set up the system of Friends numbers as they were worried about the safety of children on line.... Well with Xfire you don't have to accept a person if you don't want to!

Also if Xfire does come to the Wii it will bring a lot of support with it, not to mention the fact on online comms!!! This will be a big boost for on-line gaming on the Wii.

I think Nintendo just have to let g a little bit, they seem so hung up on the fact that they have to release voice comms first before anyone else can do it on the Wii, they have to be the first to bring an on-line game out on the Wii before anyones else can. If Nintendo just relax a little I think the Wii will move forward a lot faster and only improve.

xfire is a gamin instant messenger for the pc to be used on games that take up the whole screen.

Back