YES! I've got a wii coming from Spain..Will I have any problems using it in the UK ??

RastaMahata said:
Wait.. I'm new here... I'm from Chile, and my little brother only speaks spanish (he's 3 years old). If I setup my console to spanish (I think I have the option for english, spanish, and french, right?), will I be able to play wii sports (and I hope other games like rayman) in spanish too? That would be awesome!

I have the Spanish Wii, and the games sounds are just English. But when you for example start Boxing, you hear "First Round"on the you will see "Primera vuelta" (or something, sorry can´t remember, as I put it back to English).

Mostly the games here in Spain are translated with atleast the text in Spanish... But lately a lot of games are turning in Spanish, voice and text.

Here they dub al the movies, so wy not the games :wink:

HTH

wiiVan said:
the only thing I can think you'll have to check out is the PAL/NTSC thing... I don't know if Spain is PAL or not...

*update* just checked a list for you: http://www.rmbwoc.com/vidpage/itvstd.html

Spain and UK both use the PAL standard; your Wii will work fine.

-C

Your correct, here in Spain we have PAL, In France there is a Special kind of system I remeber..... To make sure their own market keeps happy....

PAL B, G, D or K are different standards, if one country uses a different standard, it won't work with the other.

Here in chile people like things in their original language more than translations (besides, translations done here are rather lame). But still I would like games to have at least the text in spanish if the console is set to spanish dialogues.

Cant wait to get my nintendo wii!

Also you wont get stung with import Tax because Spain is part of Europe!

And I think it should work fine in the UK!

France uses SECAM!

I meant to post back just after Christmas but have been too busy playing with my wii.
So as you guessed my Spanish Wii works perfectly in the UK (all it needed was a plug adapter.....99p off ebay).
It has all English Language on it, and plays both the Spanish Wii Sports game in English fine, and also plays all the UK games I've brought for it fine in English too. Wifi is fine and so is downloading games, and the weather channel is correct too.
Only the instruction booklet was not in English, but its not rocket science to work out what to do.
So get importing guys!!!!
Cheers
Shippo

Back