Your favorite Wii game.(so far)

songwriter15 said:
Well I hoped the tone of my post would preclude my getting any responses like this - if you read it you'll see I express my respect for both the opinions of others AND the specific games you mention.....and, by the way, which new MARIO game on the Wii are you talking about (??!!??). For god's sake let me know 'cos I'll rush straight out and buy it....I LOVE Mario ( both as a character and a gaming franchise ) - but obviously I bumped into you!

Of course, as I intimated in my post, both Wii Sports and WarioWare are fabulous games ( I own them both along with "Play" and "SMBBB" - which are also great fun ), and, I repeat, I made it as clear as day that I have the utmost respect for every gamers djffering tastes and gaming preferences>

BUT....try and persuade me that, in 5,10,20 years time, "Wii Sports" will be remembered with more admiration and respect as a gaming achievement than "Twilight Princess" and I'd have to, very much, question your opinion.

You will note, in spite of the nature and tone of your reply to my post, that I don't get involved, 'nor do I wish to, in posts that involve "@$$****" or anything approaching insult or defamation.

I suspect ( if you reply to a relatively innocent and unimportant post such as mine in the way you have ) that you're simply that breed of internet "waster" that trawls the various message boards and forums "looking for trouble"!?!

Maybe life has dealt you a lousy hand of cards, or perhaps you're just angst-ridden because you're struggling to find any self-respect in the "REAL" world?

I actually feel a lot of sympathy for you if you really need to unload all that angst on such a trivial thing as my harmless little post!

Anyway, I wish you a lot of luck in whichever direction life takes you "Nfanboy" (?!?).....I get the feeling you're going to need all you can get!!

Cheers
Chris
dude your not the prophecy...
your acting as if you know every thing about his life..

So far I've only acquired a few games...I would say Wii sports was the most addictive at first but after some time playing I got a bit bored with the monotony of the sports and leveling my Miis up with no rewards...(I have been playing tennis for quite some time now in hope of receiving a 'silver racquet' which I'm not sure is even obtainable) After sports I think the most time consuming game for myself is Zelda, I have been a zelda fan since I was young and I love Twilight Princess. I'm taking my time to beat it and trying to stay away from the guide method. I just tonight picked up a copy of Metal Slug Anthology which was a pleasant surprise..the compilation in my opinion was assembled very well and the saga of games is entertaining..I think it's much easier when utilizing the gamecube controls. If I had to choose a single specific favorite I would go with Zelda, trailed closely by the metal slug anthology.

....wiiiiiii..... said:
dude your not the prophecy...
your acting as if you know every thing about his life..
that would be you're in the sense you're attempting to use. and his response is in no way uncalled for or out of line. this thread was a question to the collective concerning their favorite games..songwriter stated his opinion which was very appropriate considering the topic and he got foolish response that doesn't even have a place here. to each their own, period. no need to take attempted shots at peoples opinions..or try and criticize anyones specific ideation pertaining to their preferences :hand:

Zelda, by far, is the best game for Wii. So far I've clocked 50 hours, and it still seems fresh and keeps me coming back.

Cosmonaut said:
that would be you're in the sense you're attempting to use. and his response is in no way uncalled for or out of line. this thread was a question to the collective concerning their favorite games..songwriter stated his opinion which was very appropriate considering the topic and he got foolish response that doesn't even have a place here. to each their own, period. no need to take attempted shots at peoples opinions..or try and criticize anyones specific ideation pertaining to their preferences :hand:

Really appreciate that COSMONAUT. Thanks mate.

I don't think anything in my initial post warranted the insulting response that it got, and I certainly DONT "know everything" and would never try to pretend that I did. I was simply giving one person's opinion in exactly the same way as every other responder to this thread.

I can't believe that members of this board think that someone should be allowed to flame a responder in a really sh.t way simply for putting forward a point of view on the games we all play?!?

We all know that there have always been those who are intolerant of anyone's views that dont agree with their own since the inception of the internet, but I STILL don't understand why anyone would get their "jollys" by using the anonymity of the 'net to dump-on poster's in a decent, entertaining, and informative board such as this one?!?

I don't ask ANYONE to agree with my opinions, and I will ALWAYS listen to the opinions of others......and if there's something wrong with that simple philosophy then someone's going to have to tell me what it is, because it escapes me I'm afraid!

Thanks again Cosmonaut
Cheers
Chris

i love how this thread started off as a "favorite wii game" thread and then all of a sudden, someone attempts to cause drama and get it off track......some of you need to grow up *NFANBOY*

keep it on track and talk about games, no name calling and no unnecessary drama. you got beef, consult a mod dont start it up on a thread

back to topic, i already said that i liked wiiplay, wiisports and wario ware :) i also liked zelda and ah what the heck i seriously like all the games for the wii....except trama center. too childish for me in graphics wise. nothing like i thought it was going to be. i mean i wasnt expecting morbid graphic surgery but i was expecting it to be a bit more than what it was (maybe i watch too much nip/tuck)

wii_cammy said:
yea i love ztp but i like cod 3 aswell

COD 3 must be a cool game to play on Wii too, thanks to the wiimote FPS are becoming better games. And Wii Tennis is great, it uses the wiimote close to the perfection, is there any release date for a Tennis game in Wii?

ill have to go with Wii sports for now. why? because i mostly only play my Wii when i have friends over =) got about 2 hrs into Zelda. but WoW is keeping mii away from my Wii. :nonod:

songwriter15 said:
Really appreciate that COSMONAUT. Thanks mate.
Hey man, that's no problem. It's unfortunate that one cannot state his/her opinion without having to worry about someone possibly making an insolent comment(s). Thanks for the articulation of your response too dude,..it definitely gets the point across in a much more respected , grounded, type of way. And hooray for diversity of preferences without that, things would be quite boring.

Zelda is number 1 for me (major Zelda fan ever since Zelda came out in '86 or in 87) second game would be Wii sports, 3rd game would Red Steel (I have 2 other racing games but i don't like racing really except they should put out Top Gear or Battletoads or castlevania for the wii. Top Gear would probably be Top Gear Arsinel. Battletoads wii and Castlevania the new world..

Back