2.0 GB SD Card?

aznricyboy

The man with authoritah!
Oct 15, 2007
Somewhere
Wii Online Code
4295-3131-8869-3560
I'm really starting to get ticked with this whole computer-to-blocks conversions thing. Does anybody know approximately how many blocks 2.0 GB is? GameStop is having their little Black Friday sale, and the thing's only $20. Just want to see if it's worth it.

um for 20 dollars its worth it.
expecsoaly if its the nintendo one.

Walugi said:
um for 20 dollars its worth it.
expecsoaly if its the nintendo one.

I was just asking how many blocks it is, not if it's worth it or not. I can make that decision on my own.

I'm asking because I don't own a lot of games, and since to load save data, the file has to be in the Wii's internal memory anyways. I have like a thousand blocks open on my Wii. The only reason I'd want the SD card is so that I can bring it over to my friend's / cousin's house when we want to play my file on something.

dakuda said:
I read somewhere that 1GB = 7400 blocks. I just popped in a 2GB PNY SD card from my camera. It has maybe two pictures on it, so it is mostly empty. The Wii said it has 15674 blocks free.

As for the particular card, you don't have to buy a Nintendo card. IIRC, the Nintendo SD card is made by SanDisk anyway. Any SD card will work, and I am sure you can find them cheaper than $20.

Whoa, that's a lot of space

I guess you're right. Thanks for the info.

I just bought a 2GB at Circuit City online for $7.00 (with a $13 rebate). Go for that or the Best Buy one if you can instead.
Edit: I checked Best Buy's ad and website and didn't see anything about a 4-gig for $10.

Last edited:
How big an SD card do you need? What goes on there?

I can put pictures on it and do a slide show, right? And I can use it to play video?

Sorry, I'm a total noob with Wii stuff. Hey, at least I searched instead of starting a new thread. ;)

2GB is a great price point right about now. I just don't want to regret buying one that's too small, or way, way too big.

FYI, anything over 2GB is technically an SDHC card which requires specific firmware to use (Our older camera won't work with SDHC). A couple of companies released 4GB SD based cards and apparently it's a bit of a crapshoot.

Unless I heard otherwise, I'd stick with <=2GB SD (non-HC).

Back