Poblems with a wii and a sd card

besby11

WiiChat Member
Jun 15, 2007
Hello everyone,
I am one of the few, the proud, a wii owner...So the other day i was over at office max and saw a 2 gb Sandisk brand sd card on sale so i said what the heck and got it for my wii (for extra storage room) so i brought it home and pluged it in and went to the data manager to move some crap over form the built in save to the sd but it said quote (The divice inserted in the SD card slot can't be used.) so then i went to the photo channel to see if i could format it or something but nope it says that the card is unuseable.I also checked if it needed an update but it says it dont (its at version 2.2u)

Is it a compatibility thing or is the reader just bricked

p.s Ive tried 3 different cards in the wii am i just missing something? Thnx!! HuNtEr

Well I'm almost positive the 2gb is the card for Wii, I have a little blue sandisk card that works fine with my photo channel. Umm, if it's connected to the internet, manually search for updates. Maybe the card is a lemon...??

yes mine is the blue kind also, if searching for an update manualy means going to the options and checking for em that way ive tied and it lookis like its going to update but then it says that its all ready up to date.and im prtty shure that the cards not a leamon because the other cards that ive stuck into the wii are form digi cams that bolth work verry well soo anymore ideas before i get on the phone with some outsorsed indian that i cant understand? lol thnx! HuNtEr

p.s sherman i love your sig the first game i got for the wii was twilight princess FTW!

Last edited:
That's Sherwoods, btw. Lol, thanks..a good guy with the username Stranger made it. I was very impressed. Try to add photos on that brand new and empty sd card first from your digi.

Try blowing into the sd slot.

Check your wireless connection.

thats all I can think of man, I'm sorry.

sorry for the typo sherwood i was kindain a rush.well i tried snapping a few pictures with my digicam with the new card in it and making shure it saved them (it did) and deleting my old connection settings and re doing them (it seems to work when i try it on the internet channel) and lastly i tried blowing into the slot and taking one of my computer cleaning tools to reach in and clean the contacts (its made for doing that kind of stuff) and nothing seems to work...any other ideas anybody?!?!?! hUnTeR

Back