SD card, having issues

Awsome ok thanks for the help. I guess this topic is closed

How you ever able to put it in the slot? A micro SD card is about 1/4 the physical size of a regular SD card. Seems like it would be just loose in there and not actually click into place.

The wii was able to detect my micro sd card, but it said. "The sd card inserted in the slot can not be used" So im guessing i need the adapter. I know its a micro one cause i compared the one i have to the pictures on the Photo channel when they tell you about the sd card, and they show you 3 pictures of the 3 differnt types of the sd card. I am so very confused.

No bought it for walmart for 40$ or 50$ cant remember its a 2GB Heres what it says on it.

SanDisk

Memory Stick PRO Duo

< 2.0GB MagicGate

So its not an micro sd card? Then how come it wont work on the wii. It works on my computer, i put one .jpg file on it, i try it on the wii again, it still says "The sd card inserted in the sd slot can not be used" So its detecting it but saying it cant use it. I have wireless internet so my wii is always connected and its up to date. Once again, im still confused, SD is sand disk right?

Yeah, thats not an SD card. Thats sony's proprietary format card. Good news is that SD cards cost about half that. I got my 2G SD card from micro center for $15.

Ok thanks for the info, i guess this can still come in handy.

Wow. Just...wow. The packaging for MagicGate MSPD is seriously different from SD. Granted they're 1mm off of equal length, MSPD has a notch in the back, and is 2mm shorter with a notch on the opposing side and contains 3 more contacts than SD. MSPD is for the PSP, and I think some of sony's digital cameras, unsure about that.. They aren't the same memory type, or the same bandwidth. However I did wish that the Wii supported USB flash readers so I could use all my MSPD, since I've got tons of it.

Okay

Okay I searched on Google and people are having the same problem as you So I would say it is not compatible. I know SanDisk makes Gamer SD cards now just for the Wii might wanna check those out.......

Yeah, the SanDisk SD Ultra II. Now THAT is some fast NANDFlash. Up to 20MB/s. Tears it up, and only an average of 10 bucks more, or the same cost of a full size step up. Very economical.

He's talking about the SD space viewer in the data section of the Wii hardware menu.

oh i need help with my SD card, it say's its copy right protected. i dont know why that is coming up, it works but when i go to put something new on it, a message comes up saying its copyrith protected can someone help out?

Back