nintendo wii sd card

i dont have a wii but in the gc manual and i assume it would be the same "use of any third party hardware will render warranty void in all circumstances" i used a third party memory card and well lost my warranty ... :(

Wii17 said:
i dont have a wii but in the gc manual and i assume it would be the same "use of any third party hardware will render warranty void in all circumstances" i used a third party memory card and well lost my warranty ... :(
However, gamecube cards were not an industry standard. If anyone wants to put the SD logo on a card, it has to be certified that it is exactly the same as any other SD card. You could put a gamecube logo on a pineapple if you wanted, and call it a memory card, the only thing that Nintendo could do about it is sue you for using their trademark.

Who says that using a SD card other than a Nintendo branded one will void the warranty? The manual and the Wii itself say that you can insert any SD card from a digital camera and other sources. Where do people get this BS info!

Master Foot said:
Who says that using a SD card other than a Nintendo branded one will void the warranty?

This guy...

Wii17 said:
people in au seach ebay http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2GB-SANDISK-...0QQihZ012QQcategoryZ93930QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem for a 2gb cheap sandisk $40 inc post then there are other brand rdata etc etc warning 3rd party voids warranty

And he later revealed it was an assumption:

Wii17 said:
Master Foot said:
The manual and the Wii itself say that you can insert any SD card from a digital camera and other sources. Where do people get this BS info!

Thanks for confirming. Rep to you!

-Bobby

Do you have to buy the nintendo wii sd card for memory or will any type of sd card work
You'd be foolish to buy the Nintendo-branded card. Search sites like Passwird.com, newegg, tigerdirect, frys, etc, and you should be able to find a 2 GB card for under $30 shipped. I paid $26 for a 2 gig and my friend spent $40 on the 512 MB Nintendo card because he thought you had to use their card. Mine works just the same and I obviously got about 6 times the memory per dollar spent.

drgklernmdvl. nmdjrtfjedidkidf9874595689411258236894556452298vbhcggwi3hue4hdjurfi389jhbtuwtgwufhrfghfgfhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggejsssssssssodfffffffffffffffffffffffffdyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyybbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbrjgkhrrrrfwjhfgfhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh khhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

mothershipconnection said:
Do you have to buy the nintendo wii sd card for memory or will any type of sd card work
You'd be foolish to buy the Nintendo-branded card. Search sites like Passwird.com, newegg, tigerdirect, frys, etc, and you should be able to find a 2 GB card for under $30 shipped. I paid $26 for a 2 gig and my friend spent $40 on the 512 MB Nintendo card because he thought you had to use their card. Mine works just the same and I obviously got about 6 times the memory per dollar spent.

You would also be foolish to assume that your 2GB card has 6 times as much space. It's not even "about 6 times" the space. It is exactly 4 times the space. 1GB = 1024 MB.

And I dont believe that people who buy the Nintendo SD cards are foolish, possibly they just dont know. Lack of knowledge does not make someone foolish. Arrogance on the other hand....

-Bobby

bobby1211 said:
And I dont believe that people who buy the Nintendo SD cards are foolish, possibly they just dont know.

Some also choose to support a company they know and love (Nintendo that is). I don't know that I'll buy a Nintendo SD card or not, but others may.

Back