SD Card. Previously usable, now not.

tukimoshi

WiiChat Member
Dec 21, 2009
I have a 1GB Core Micro SD Card. It's the tiny little card with the two adapters. It USED to work great with my Wii for moving Brawl Stages to my computer but I used in in my LG VU TU915 Cell Phone and now it doesn't work.

I've tried formatting it to every filetype (FAT, FAT32, NTFS) and I've tried formatting it using the SD Formatter 2.0.

I've tried switching the lock button back and forth on every filetype I've tried. Note: The card reads absolutely fine on my computer.

I get the "This Card Is Not Usable" message on the Wii.

I have NO files currently saved on the SD card, as it has been formatted several times.

Any idea how to fix this? It used to work perfect, and now it doesn't so I'm sure it should be working. Brand is Core Micro. On the 2 adapters and the cards it says Micro SD.

Same happened to me and my camera.
-What I did was put my Wii's "private" folder onto a different SD card by saving some data on it (i.e. Smash Bros Replay data)
-Load the whole folder onto the computer. Then put that folder onto the "unreadable" SD card and it started working for me again.

What you need is:
-2 Different SD cards (any size [not sure about 4+]; reccommended 1 or 2 gigs) on FAT 32
-SD adapter with SD reader
-A computer

Not 100% sure it'll work

Last edited:
Back