3com wireless, help needed please!

gilmario33

WiiChat Member
Jan 20, 2007
yo, basically it is to connect up to the nintendo wii, which on the website got 5 stars for. when i search for an access point my wii can find it yes, but cant connect to it? all the lights are perfectly fine on my new modem, green and such. but there is nothing on the bottom right of my taskbar?indicating that i have a new wireless modem? same as in network connections? nothing is there. and it appears that on the cd the only thing to install is acrobat reader! the manual states " "launch your web browser and attempt to contact the router by typing the following url in the location bar: http://192.168.1.1.
if you can access the login page,then your computer has correctly recieved an ip address from the router.

then it says login using the default password and such, once you on that wizard page.

but my comptuer doesent find this ip when i type it in. and my broadband connection is under obtain ip autmatically as well!

and if this helps at all, the current lights lit up on the 3com are the power=green
wlan = green(flashing on and off)
cable/dsl= orange

lan status 1 2 3 4

green light under number 1.

there is no indication on my computer that i have a wireless network connected??

any ideas?? cheers guys!

Back