3D on the Wii

I finally found some information about it online. My TV is capable of converting 2d images and video to 3d. How they accomplish this is beyond me... I am a computer programmer, and I have yet to think of an effective way to achieve this feat. At any rate, it somehow manages to figure out from the image, which objects are far away, and which are near the screen and then processes the image into an artificial 3d image. I wasn't able to find it before because there is very little information about it on the internet at this point in time. The tv is the LG 47LW5600 if anyone wants to confirm this.

I finally found some information about it online. My TV is capable of converting 2d images and video to 3d. How they accomplish this is beyond me... I am a computer programmer, and I have yet to think of an effective way to achieve this feat. At any rate, it somehow manages to figure out from the image, which objects are far away, and which are near the screen and then processes the image into an artificial 3d image. I wasn't able to find it before because there is very little information about it on the internet at this point in time. The tv is the LG 47LW5600 if anyone wants to confirm this.

If this is true, not only is that pretty damn cool, but it's just as I thought it'd be; it's simply the TV (if there's little information on even the web, I sure as hell ain't gonna try to research it, lol... I'll just take your word). That is quite interesting.

... I still want my own hologram TV, though... I still believe it's a gimmick (I'm not easily impressed by technology), but THAT'S a damn-cool gimmick at that. And definitely a step in the direction to make something beyond a simple gimmick that's unnecessary.

Back