52140 Error for Nintendo USB Connector- I think I found a solution

Shinji

WiiChat Member
Mar 3, 2007
A.D.2050
Wii Online Code
2830-7183-6847-5811
Well I know a lot of people have been getting the 52140 error code when trying to get online with the Wii. Everything else works and the connection is good but for some reason you get 52140. Well my Wii has been working online for about a week. I think that is enough time to be sure enough that my solution works or not. I'm not sure if it will work for you but it worked for me

Step: 1
Go to start>run>cmd

Step: 2
Type "/ipconfig/all" in the command prompt
Locate your dns address; there should be two different ones there. i:e 117.35.7.98; 119.35.7.99

Step: 3
Connect your Nintendo USB Wifi Connector
Go to My Network Connection and right click the USB connection and go to properties.

Step: 4
Under the General Tab there will be a list of options look for Internet Protocol TCP/IP Highlight it then click Properties
Now, click Use the Following DNS Addresses
Enter your two in and see if your Wii will now connect online

I'm not sure if it will work for you but it wouldn't hurt to give it a try. I may have just been lucky. Please post a response and tell me your results. Also I'm using the Official Nintendo Connector not the Datel one.

:(

i did what you said to do, but it still didnt work. do you have any other ideas that would help? thanks. :idea:

Hi..did what you said but i only come up with one DNS number and i am useing a wired connection..thx 4 your effort ...Ill keep trying//

Steve

Wii Connection Problems!

:wiiconsole: I'm just wondering if anyone has tried the mobile 3 g network modems that plug in by usb port. My Wii connected easily to a dlink. 2Wire Office Gateway. Both modem and hard wire plus wireless for upto 10 connections. 4 hardwire and 6 wireless. I used a usb N wireless card to wireless modem. When trying the Wireless N the Wii reads it fine. Just plugs into the back of the Wii Usb port. Which connections it will connect to I can't list. Only one I tested because my dad has a Wii and I only bought the Usb N wireless for the laptop. But when plugging it into the Usb port on dad's it had no problem connecting. Just it connected to all the neighbors and you need wireless info to completely connect. Reason I leave my wireless port on our modem open without security. It also has to be a public connection. So if you secure your home network even though you have all the info. Your Wii will roam the neighborhood if another signal comes in stronger. Depends on many factors. Right now I just need to know if anyone has successfully used a 3 g network usb modem to connect their Wii? It says some may be compatible. If At & T comes out with the 4 g network usb modem I'd like to buy to try so I can take my memory cards with me and the 4 g network usb modem and not have to take my whole system. Anyone have any success please let me know with network name. Sprint, Nextel, At & T OR Verizon. Like to know what speeds for download are too.

Back