A Lazy Wii Question

Wii_Smurf

No.1 Smurf
Dec 5, 2006
Manchester
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
I know to get a Disc out of a Wii you have to physically go up to it and take it out so an Eject button on the remote would be useless since you have to go to the console to get the disc but I would have liked an Eject button.

How about you?

Wii initial set-up problem

hi lazy wii,
Please help, I just got a Wii system and wireless remote controls as a Christmas gift, I tried to get the system up and run; I got a problem with initial set up as we select the language ( after I push an "A" Button). On the screen it highline "ENGLISH" we try all the buttons on the remote control but it stay still. please help!

Last edited:
For both questions

Wii_Smurf said:
I know to get a Disc out of a Wii you have to physically go up to it and take it out so an Eject button on the remote would be useless since you have to go to the console to get the disc but I would have liked an Eject button.

How about you?

Well, personally I don't care, most of the games I play are from Virtual Console, also, the way I am with optical disc media, the idea of remote eject on a slot load system makes me squirm, dust can get to the disc or worse, the disc could fall out of the slot and fall on a hard surface that can scrach the disc, I have scratcheddiscphobia (the fear of scratched discs), the slightest smudge on one of my discs makes me crasy, at times, i'm afraid to even use a slot load system

huytran said:
hi lazy wii,
Please help, I just got a Wii system and wireless remote controls as a Christmas gift, I tried to get the system up and run; I got a problem with initial set up as we select the language ( after I push an "A" Button). On the screen it highline "ENGLISH" we try all the buttons on the remote control but it stay still. please help!

Are the Wiimotes synced? if it's a new controller that did not come with the system, it needs to be synced, the controller that came with it should work though, but I have heard from people that sometimes that might not be the case, just sync and try again

Last edited:
Yes sure I'd love me and 3 other people playing the wii with an eject button on our wiimotes, and then we could eject the games as a joke, by accident, or to piss each other off.

wait, no.

gamechaser001 said:
Well, personally I don't care, most of the games I play are from Virtual Console, also, the way I am with optical disc media, the idea of remote eject on a slot load system makes me squirm, dust can get to the disc or worse, the disc could fall out of the slot and fall on a hard surface that can scrach the disc, I have scratcheddiscphobia (the fear of scratched discs), the slightest smudge on one of my discs makes me crasy, at times, i'm afraid to even use a slot load system

Are the Wiimotes synced? if it's a new controller that did not come with the system, it needs to be synced, the controller that came with it should work though, but I have heard from people that sometimes that might not be the case, just sync and try again

Dont worry for you are not alone i also too have scratcheddiscphobia. Hhaha i always yell at people when they touch my disc's.

Revival said:
Yes sure I'd love me and 3 other people playing the wii with an eject button on our wiimotes, and then we could eject the games as a joke, by accident, or to piss each other off.

wait, no.

Yeah people might get a little too pissed off i know i would especaily when im in a tough boss fight and after thirty tries i finnaly defeat him when the dics pops out then i would have to do it all again.

Why would you even want a remote eject ??

I mean ur gonna have to physically move yourself to the Wii to insert a new disc anyway !

And if you don't plan to change discs, what's the point of ejecting ??

Unless you want a little robotic arm attachment that comes out of the Wii, takes the ejected disc out and puts it in it's box, then grabs the new disc, inserts that, then makes you a coffee while it loads ??

Goots said:
Why would you even want a remote eject ??

I mean ur gonna have to physically move yourself to the Wii to insert a new disc anyway !

And if you don't plan to change discs, what's the point of ejecting ??

Unless you want a little robotic arm attachment that comes out of the Wii, takes the ejected disc out and puts it in it's box, then grabs the new disc, inserts that, then makes you a coffee while it loads ??

Wild Catz is actually coming up with an automatic disc-loading system with an optional coffee/espresso attachment. It starts at like 175 and another 50 (225) for the coffee espresso machine. It will be available in the same colors the Wii will be released in later this year by Nintendo.

Wii_Smurf said:

How about you?
No. :)

well lol i think that would be kool i mean if ur sitting down u can press it and by the time u get there its out and WAITING to be in a case so u dont have to sit there and wait a WHOLE 3 seconds lol but ehh it doesnt matter

Method of Rhythm said:
No the same colors for the disc-loader/coffee maker made available by Wild Catz that Nintendo is releasing for the Wii.
Screenshot or it's a lie

Back