A lillte help please?

mikybee93

If its nintendo i love it
Jul 31, 2006
F-ing germany :(
Im trying to connect the internet to my wii, but it says that i need a password. Im sure it is my internet, but i dont know what the password is. Where can i find it?

The password is required to connect your Wii to your Wireless router. You should check the router settings to receive the password.

theres quite a few things on the underside of MY router, serouslu there are.
FCC Id
Mac Id
P/N
S/N

Which one???
Thanx a ton for the help btw =D

hmm, it says something about a network password now... and it seems that my internet doesnt want the wii to connect, because of we dont want other people using our wireless... does that help at all? (other people being our neighbors)

so after you have chosen your secure access point you are asked to give a password (right?)
do you have this code now?
if so what happens after you enter it?

mikybee93 said:
hmm, it says something about a network password now... and it seems that my internet doesnt want the wii to connect, because of we dont want other people using our wireless... does that help at all? (other people being our neighbors)

You'll need to ask whoever set up your router, they will be the one who created the password.

I just didnt enter a password and it let me by for some reason.... =/
But it wont let me connect still!! =(

Your router has encryption enabled. To use it, the client needs to enter in the security key that has been entered on the router. This key is most-likely not written on the outside of the router. The person who enabled encryption on the router would have entered in a key, although some routers might have encryption enabled with a default key but this is uncommon.

If you were not the person who enabled encryption on the router and do not know the key, you will need to log into the router using your computer and look around in the settings to find the key. Note that most routers have a special username/password to log into their web interface... this is entirely separate than the encryption key you're searching for, so you might have to dig this up as well. Check the manual (or manufacturer's website) for the default username/password for your router. If the default doesn't work, someone else changed it and you might be faced with having to do a hard reset of the router in order to clear all its settings and set it all up again from scratch.

Assuming you managed to log in, the encryption key is a long string of hex digits (0-9, A-F) so make sure you enter it carefully into your Wii.

Back