a little bit for the aussies

Sam_Harris

Jul 29, 2006
Australia
Wii Online Code
8426-6514-9175-8079
just something i found on aussie nintendo which means that the aussie nintendo company is actually doing something

10 Sep 2006 - Nintendo impresses mainstream Australian media after hands-on offerings.

Preparations are completely underway for the Australian launch of the hotly-anticipated Wii, and news outlets have been given the opportunity to go hands-on with the console at Nintendo Australia's headquarters in Scoresby, Melbourne.

The Age and the Herald Sun have reported on their experiences, with both expressing great impressions from the revolutionary new offering.

"The latest hands-on play confirmed that gaming with the motion sensing Wii-mote is both delightfully intuitive and unnervingly foreign," wrote The Age's Jason Hill.

The Sunday Herald Sun yesterday ran a half-page spread on Wii and also spoke of their delight. "We had an exclusive play with a prototype of Nintendo's next-generation offering and came away seriously impressed."

Nintendo Australia confirmed to the outlets involved that it is indeed on track for a pre-Christmas 2006 launch and said that the launch date and price details will be announced within the next fortnight.

Stay tuned for those very details, as soon as they break!

source

When the wii is released in America and not in Aus, i wont go on wiichat until its out in Aus cause i wont be able to handle every teasing me and spoilng it for me :lol:

We could always just start a thread just for aussies and plot aginst the world and whine about what a crap deal we get

It also said that it wasn't gonna be over $330 AUS!!!! I really hope so 'cos i have like NO Money for the console let alone games and accsessories. I hope that my mum will help me even tho she thing that consoles are crap. Why did i have to grow up in a family hoo hates consoles!

dan99iel said:
It also said that it wasn't gonna be over $330 AUS!!!! I really hope so 'cos i have like NO Money for the console let alone games and accsessories. I hope that my mum will help me even tho she thing that consoles are crap. Why did i have to grow up in a family hoo hates consoles! heres the source:http://www.vooks.net/modules.php?module=article&id=10945
Who doesnt have parents who hate consoles?

So true m7ticalm!

Wow I can't believe Nintendo Australia are actually doing something! We hear almost nothing from them and they never make any announcements. The only thing they've done for us would have to be the NintendoWiFi service which is friggin awesome :D

OMG Ezekiel86, i just realised, your from Perth aswel!!! Which suburb u live in? If u dont want to post, just PM me.

hey

When I first learnt of this some time ago, I was quite surprised... that is the Nintendo DS Lite was actually released in Australia before everywhere except Japan. :)

Here are a few of the release dates...
Japan: March 2, 2006
Australia: June 1, 2006
United States: June 11, 2006
Europe: June 23, 2006

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DS_Lite.

cyas

hey

I am sorry for the double/tripple post. I was a bit confused, as my post wasn't showing and I thought it somehow didn't work. I now see they are finally showing, seemed to take ages (hour(s) or so, not exactly sure???).

I ask... please may a moderator delete this post, as I seem to be unable to.

cyas

Last edited:
Back