About SD Cards

Sovieto

Banned
Aug 6, 2006
Okay, is it just me? Or is everyone preparing for something that probably won't happen. I mean, SD Cards, nintendo is missing out on cash right here, it's not like of Nintendo to rely heavily on third-parties or products that could all burn down tomorrow for all they know. I am very hoping that they will come out with memory cards like the GC ones, even the Sony PSP has it's own memory card. And can any old SD cards really save info for a game??

Sony PSP has their own memory card? I thought they used Memory Stick Pro Duo's? And yes, i beleive any old SD card will be able to save info for a game. The cool thing is that now i reckon u will be able to put your save file on the net and someone can copy it on their SD card. I dont see anything wrong with SD cards, i mean thats what basically all cameras rely on now adays. So u will basicaly need to have an SD card and u might aswel spend on a costly one which has lots of space.

Yup, any SDs will work. It's really not that bad of an idea. This way you can have multiple SD cards all with different stuff and not to mention SDs are dirt cheap these days. If this is what Nintendo Needed to do to keep the cost down on the console, then it's not a big deal to me.

Oh, well i thought the stick duo was sony branded, and only fit the psp, well i still feel insecure, i would rather have a 10 buck more nintendo brand sd card

Yeah, SD cards are used by the PSP and certain camera's and they virtually hold anything. Nintendo is scepticle about using them BECAUSE it's easy to cownload free games from the net to a SD card, like playing homebrew on the PSP, people will download games to the SD card free of charge instead of buying it with the VCpoints. Nintendo has a different save format for these SD cards so this might not be possible.

Well, is the sd card slot like the psp ones? Where you pop it in, because all the SD cards i see (im looking around) are ones you like pop in then pop out, does this mean you can close the flap while its in??

Secure Digital, or SD, cards are able to 'lock' into place. My digital camera and camcorder take SD cards that slide almost all the way in and lock into place. Then when taking them out, I push in a bit and it unlocks them. So closing the Wii's flap is possible.

Bah. I allready have a MiniSD for use with my Phone, but it came with a full size SD adaptor so I'm good to go.

I would much rather use the SD than have Nintendo make their own memcards. SD cards will definitely be MUCH cheaper than Nintendos if they made their own. And SD cards can be used on other devices like cameras and cellphones.

I like the idea of being able to use memory cards that I already have. All SD cards are exactly alike, the only difference from brand to brand is the label on the front (if you don't believe me, buy a cheap off-brand and cut it open, it will contain SanDisk chips). There will likely be some kind of DRM (digital rights management) for the VC files to prevent people from sharing them over the internet, but I'm not sure how this will work. I hope they don't use a proprietary format. PS, PSP does not use SD cards, they use similar-looking, but completely different MemoryStick Duo's.

Hehe my dad has a 1gb SanDisk thing for his camera. *whistles* I shall use it. LOL.

p24983.jpg

^ that one.

will it work?

Back