About SD Cards

the psp does use their own is it the memory stick pro duo, which i have not seen to work in any other product besides the psp... HOWEVER there is an adapter you can stick it in for the normal memory stick duo, they are tow different things.... so yeah it is possible that nintendo could do this as well, like the same thing that someone else sdaid about the cell phones and pdas having the mini sd card slots like mine does... so yeah there i hope that clears up some things about sd's

twilight_princess said:
Hehe my dad has a 1gb SanDisk thing for his camera. *whistles* I shall use it. LOL.

p24983.jpg

^ that one.

will it work?
hehehe, ive got a 4gig one :arf:
Yes it should work

twilight_princess said:
Hehe my dad has a 1gb SanDisk thing for his camera. *whistles* I shall use it. LOL.

p24983.jpg

^ that one.

will it work?

thats not an sd card, thats a compact flash of CF card and SD card looks like this:
prod_100519.jpg

i got a 2gb x150 speed plus 3 day shipping from newegg.com for $37 cant beat that. its the pink one if your wanna check it out.

well i think i found the one you got, but its not pink, and comes with a traveler light which makes it seem gimicky

theres MINISD cards too. but im pretty sure they can fit in regular sd ports

I'm not sure if i should be a 4GB fast as hell SD card and just leave it for my Wii or wait and see if they bring out a hardrive for it. I guess i could get the SD card and if they bring out a hardrive just use the SD card for a camera or something.

Will nintendo be releasing their own SD cards?

There are different sized sd cards, there are the really small ones ( mini sd, transflash) and there is the big cards (like the compact flash cards) i dont think it has been announced officially which ones are goingt o be used by the wii, and i dont think it has been announced yet if nintendo will be releasing their own like the psp did, also if they will be allowing for the hdd of saving things

whats the meaning of the picture? it shows a sd card slot and OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh they have the same design!! cool!!

Basically Nintendo is using SD cards because they are much cheaper than proprietary memory cards, and people won't need to buy a whole new standard so that makes the Wii appeal even more, that 4 gb card you use for you PC can also be used for your Wii and is smaller than the memory sticks Sony makes, they have already been proven to be awesome beyond reason and are cheap to produce, and to say every company that makes them would burn down it rather silly, it is a very safe way to store media for a great price both to manufacturing and consumer, I even have one of the first 32 Mb SD cards and it still works excellent with no read or write errors at all and very fast.

Back