Access points

keldrona

WiiChat Member
Dec 8, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
2949-5751-4586-8886
I'd like to connect my wii online, i tried experimenting with he wireless connection settings even though i didnt have any adapters for the console and i was able to pick up an orange signal off from an access point.

If i were to buy a wifi adapter for my wii, would it be possible to run my internet off of other peoples access points they've set up without having to connect it to a laptop?:scared:

it depends on other people's access point if it is password protected.

here are the main ways a wii can connect to the internet.
Key: "-->" means connects to...

1. Wii --> Wireless Router --> Internet ("Wireless")

2. Wii+Lan_Adapter --> Router --> Internet ("Wired")

3. Wii --> PC+wifi_adapter --> Internet ("Wireless")

Lan Adapter ($24.99 U.S.):
wiiLAN.gif

Wifi Adapter ($39.99 U.S.):
802254b.jpg

Note: the wifi Adapter connects into one of your computer's USB ports.

if you have aim or hotmail I would be happy to help you with a step-by-step guide.

hope it helps! :smilewinkgrin:

keldrona said:
I'd like to connect my wii online, i tried experimenting with he wireless connection settings even though i didnt have any adapters for the console and i was able to pick up an orange signal off from an access point.

If i were to buy a wifi adapter for my wii, would it be possible to run my internet off of other peoples access points they've set up without having to connect it to a laptop?:scared:

Yeah, if you get a strong enough signal from their router you can use it. I don't think it is illegal if their is no password on it. The person is just dumb for leaving it open.

ye my computing teacher said a guy got 5 years because we took his wirless network and keeped useing someones connection (this in uk so might not be elsewere)

It seems only fair that if they don't password it, it is open to the public. Thats the whole point of the password in the first place.

hahaha. that's funny. yes, it is illegal. someone else is paying for it and you are using it without them knowing. use at your own risk.:ihih: not saying i've never done it before.

Back