Activision Announces Men In Black Game For All Consoles

Maura

Super Moderator
Jul 7, 2011
UK
maura-albums-news-picture9186-men-black.JPG

With the latest installment in the hugely successful Men In Black movie franchise due to be released in Spring 2012, Activision has today announced that it is buddying up with Columbia Pictures to develop the video game of the film, which will launch as a standalone title to coincide with the global theatrical film release of Men in Black III next Spring. True to the spirit of the franchise, the original game title is set to feature action-packed yet light-hearted gameplay mixed with edge-of-your-seat shooting excitement from the universe’s most elite peacekeeping force.

"The Men In Black franchise is an unbeatable starting point to deliver a genre-bending gaming experience with a level of production value on par with Hollywood," said David Oxford, Executive Vice President of Activision Publishing, Inc. Mark Caplan, Vice President of Licensing at Sony Pictures Entertainment, stated, "With Activision bringing the Men In Black universe to life on next gen consoles for the first time, the Men In Black video game will be both familiar to fans, an exciting beginning for the uninitiated, and revolutionary for the franchise."

The film’s unique blend of action, humor, and eye-popping special effects will fuel the Men In Black gameplay experience, which will also feature many elements of the Men In Black universe. The game will have an all-new and original storyline though, building on the history of the series to bring back familiar faces, while also introducing new foes. More details on gameplay features and characters will be revealed soon. Activision has not named individual consoles that the game will be appearing on, but its possible that both Wii and Wii U will get the game.

Source: Activision

... Well, I've clearly been out of the mainstream for too long, didn't even catch wind of MiB III. :lol:

Place your bets now! How bad will this movie game be rated on metacritic?!

(Theroy) Over 9000 people raised the rating for just dance kids from 30% to 88% because of will smiths daughter's smash hit "Wip My Hair" (GOD!!!)

LOL!

Its possible that both Wii and Wii U will get the game.

I heard a rumor that the Wii U will be out in North America by October 2012 (with Japan getting it 3 months before), and in Europe by Jan 2013. So if the Movie and games are going to be released in spring '12 and if the Wii U isn't out by that time, it may only appear on Wii (along with other consoles), then the Wii U on it's rumored Oct '12 launch.

Last edited by a moderator:
(Theroy) Over 9000 people raised the rating for just dance kids from 30% to 88% because of will smiths daughter's smash hit "Wip My Hair" (GOD!!!)

As deceiving as the bigwigs of idiotic rating services such as IGN and Game Informer can be, this is why we don't have children officially reviewing games. :p

Back