Status
Not open for further replies.

King Wiired

HITLER ME JEZ
Aug 8, 2006
United Kingdom Status : Stunnin'
Wii Online Code
8756-4872-6334-8478
Jeezus, the adverts on this site are hella annoying. i0n said in the past that he doesn't make money from the ads (unless that's changed now?) so why have them? The one with the smileys that go 'GO AWAAAAY' are just frustrating - everytime I go to scroll down the page, I'm welcomed with a loud GO AWAAAAAY - ironically every time a song stops so it scares the shite outta me. Possible someone/i0n can explain the point of them? And if there's no really good one, possible you could get rid of them all? Thanks.

I use Norton Internet Security 2007 to get rid of all the ads and pop-ups so I don't see one on the whole site :)
I might turn the ad and pop-up blockers off to see how bad it is :lol:
Lee.J

yeah if you want wiichat to stay open then i would stop complaining if I were you.

I0n needs to pa for this site if you remember

and puttting advertisemnts up gets him payed so then he can pay for this

and if you are a firefox user you can get a program on the add-ons to block advertisements

wii_cammy said:
and if you are a firefox user you can get a program on the add-ons to block advertisements

can you recommend a particular addon or are they all good?

wii_cammy said:
yeah if you want wiichat to stay open then i would stop complaining if I were you.

I0n needs to pa for this site if you remember

and puttting advertisemnts up gets him payed so then he can pay for this

Got it in one, in order to cope with the growth of the forum and plan for future growth (the Wii console is only just a baby...) having ads on the site is a necessary evil im afraid.

If any of you guys would like to cut me cheque for $1,000 every month i'll gladly remove them :)

I realise the smiley ads are annoying, just bear with me on that as they'll be getting replaced shortly with more Wii-themed adverts.

Aaah that's cool, I mean fair play to getting money to run the site :] just in the past you've said 'you made no money from WiiChat' obviously you got the wrong idea from my questioning and thought I may have meant like a profit or something ;] but nah s'all gravy, just happy they're not just clutering the place up for no reason, thanks i0n.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back