All new videos of THE BIGS!!!

Wiitime

the guy below- HES BACK!!
Oct 15, 2006
Wii Online Code
1405-1695-6567-5492
http://media.wii.ign.com/media/863/863791/vids_1.html

... Graphics look nice... I wish they showed us then playing with the controls but hopefully tomorrow they will talk about it in a review or something...
What do you guys think???

Im still watching all the videos.... But i am currently on the "rough day for the rookie" its pretty cool how they introduce them...

After watching all the videos. I am happy with what i see. Remeber its a "arcade style". I like what i see. Betweent the graphics, the plays.. What it look likes when batting, the options with pitches.... Hoepfully tonight or tomorrow we will get a review. It comes out June 25th.....I cant wait!

Last edited:
I'll get it just because I'm a baeball addict, but I wish the Wii would get a realistic baseball sim. Any word on this?

I think it looks pretty sweet. We'll see I guess.

I still don't know. No online and rough controlls last I heard.

Yet love baseball games and the graphics and game-play looks decent. Only option for me anyway. Sold my old systems and sport games suck on the PC, just not as much fun.

I've got no idea what this game is. Any chance somebody posting some pics that dont link to an external website so i can view the pic sat work? Cheers

SLrocket said:
theres supossed to be online play right?
Wrong.

the-bigs-20070522042907802.jpg

StevenNevets said:
I still don't know. No online and rough controlls last I heard.

Yet love baseball games and the graphics and game-play looks decent. Only option for me anyway. Sold my old systems and sport games suck on the PC, just not as much fun.

where did u hear the conrols werent good. The last ign preview from may said they r coming along good.

From ign... don't remember exactly what they wrote but they made it sound like they were kind shaky and gesturely.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/790/790849p1.html
i can see where you get that... But hopefully 2k fixed and tightend up with those problems like with the lag and to make the swing quicker and runners faster

Batting feels decent for the most part, though there's a definite lag between when a player swings and when the character does, so you'll need to anticipate the throw, immediately tell if it's a fastball or off-speed, and swing accordingly. The time between an action and the payoff is about half a second, so while it was immediately odd to us (being a bit slower than Wii Sports Baseball's action recognition), we got into the swing of things at the top of the next inning. Yes it takes practice, yes it's a bit of a gameplay flaw, but no, it doesn't ruin the experience.

On the pitching side, things are a bit more natural and true to our ideal Wii baseball experience. Players will have a set of pitches on the screen to choose from, each a combination of button and motion. When ready, you'll simply reach back, hold the desired button, and whip the pitch off, adding spin to the ball if necessary for that pitch. Motion detection is pretty responsive in this portion of the game, as the amount of spin you use will help put serious ball movement into the pitch. Twist a little with a slider, you'll get a little movement. Crank your wrist, and you'll burn it by batters with a ton of manipulation on the ball.

Fielding is a little on the tough side, with players moving a bit too slow for our liking, along with a few odd issues when throwing to bases with Wii motion (holding A and gesturing left, right, up, or down throws the ball to that corresponding position on the diamond), but luckily the D-pad also acts as an instant throw as well (up being 2nd base, down being home), so in clutch situations we switched to using that control, as screwing up a clutch double play because of motion control would have The Great Bambino rolling in his grave.

The game may not be perfect with Wii control just yet, but what's there is promising, as you can comfortably pitch and bat without too many complaints. We'd like to see the actual swing recognition payoff a lot quicker, as you really need to anticipate the swing to make contact, but things like a true-feeling pitch system,

I was really upset about the lack of online play, still am really. But seeing the videos revitalized my interest. It looks fun…

it does... i was really hoping ign would have had a hands on article about this game since they have played it since last month.. But nothing yet.. Hopefully they will. I am curious to see what they have to say...Please be good news:yesnod:

Well in the new nintendo power it talked a bit about the game, I can't remember exactly but I do remember that they said the game looks good, and is coming along well.

Nice videos, game indeed looks good.

yea.. i am so curious about the controls.... Ign last time said they were good and they said some things that could make it better so i wonder if 2k fixed some things....either way 11 days until the game comes out!

Back