All of our TV remotes have stopped working

wiidrinkie

beerme
Jan 3, 2007
has this happened to anyone else?

every single TV remote we have has stopped working (all on the same day) and it's not the batteries.

is the wii sensor taking over?! :confused: :ee5k:

Whoah... that happened to me yesterday, and we ordered new ones... Wierd...

Direct TV? My TV ones work but not the direct tv ones.

Eric said:
Whoah... that happened to me yesterday, and we ordered new ones... Wierd...

Direct TV? My TV ones work but not the direct tv ones.

we have a comcast cable remote, a GE universal remote, and some other generic universal remote. can't find batteries to try our old JVC TV remote.....

can i just say how frustrating it is to all of a sudden not have a working remote for watching TV:incazzato: :mad2: .......how did we ever manage back in the day.....:)

it's got to have something to do with the wii -- either that or we have gremlins.

Hmmm the Wiimote i normally use for my Wii just stopped. I havent checked the batteries yet but it was kinda weird.

Same here

Our Wiimotes stopped working today as well, literally just will not come on anymore. Not a battery issue, either. Any input?

This is pretty standard stuff. Your Wii has become self-aware and is either refusing to entertain you further, or has begun to take over other electrical devices in your house. We dont know what purpose the Wii has for this, but I guess we'll all find out real soon.

I had the same problem with both my Wiimotes. When I turned them on, they would just flash the four lights at the bottom. I tryed sync'n them several times but that didnt have any effect, so I unplugged the Wii and plugged it back in, they worked fine after doing that. Weird :rolleyes:

Removing power cord does work - you cannot just power cycle it. However, I think it should be pointed out that a lot of people had failing remotes yesterday, and not just on this board. It was weird that this happened at all, much less to multiple people on the same day. I wonder if the US tested an in atmosphere small scale nuclear demonstration? EMP any one :)

My TV just randomly shut off earlier this morning...the remote wasn't touched...hooked up my wii just the other day..weird

I'm waiting for it to take over my Blender and Microwave. But really, its strange that they all just stop.

wiidrinkie said:
we have a comcast cable remote, a GE universal remote, and some other generic universal remote. can't find batteries to try our old JVC TV remote.....

can i just say how frustrating it is to all of a sudden not have a working remote for watching TV:incazzato: :mad2: .......how did we ever manage back in the day.....:)

it's got to have something to do with the wii -- either that or we have gremlins.

Defentally gremlins.

Back