All of our TV remotes have stopped working

My controllers messed up only when I visited someone else with a Wii and brought my controller to use.

Are you sure you bought that wii from Nintendo and not from the terrorist orginization Nintendont, i heard their plan is to override your whole houses electricity, it could spread all over the world! (if your power goes out except for the wii i might be afraid that it's dangerous...) :lol: did any1's controllers start working again?

TV / universal remotes, not the wiimote

well, one of the wiimotes stopped working on wii sports for movement only - i mentioned that earlier - but it worked ok in raving rabbids the other night.......

what i was referring to in this thread was the other remotes in that room for the TV, DVD, etc (some people understood that, thanks!) stopped working!!

other TVs in other rooms, no probs.

i tried completely unplugging the wii and the TV / universal remotes still don't work.

unless......

unless my child has been swapping batteries from remote to wiimote....i wonder....

then again, we tried new batteries, and they still didn't work. so i suppose somehow the TV / universal remotes need to be reprogrammed. which sucks because i have long since lost the instructions on how to do that.

guess i'm off to buy another universal remote.

Last edited:
well i just remembered that we just got dvr and to make the remote work we had to press io button and sel button. did u ever play with the wii mote by pressing random buttons when wii off? because mabey the wiimote can be used as a tv remote (ino it sounds retarted but just try what im about to say) take ur comcast remote and program it to the tv, then press random buttons on ur wiimote and see if it reprogramed ur tv remote to wiimote.
(man i feel like a :tard: )

Back