American Buying A UK Wii

airjazz

WiiChat Member
Jan 7, 2007
As the title says I am from America (USA) and as everyone knows Wiis are incredibly hard to come by. I have found this seller in the UK who will sell me one. My question is....Will this affect me somehow? Are there region codes that will restrict certain features? Or is it they the same model as over here?

This has been asked many times. The answer is yes it will effect you. The Wii is region locked. So if you have a UK (PAL) console you will not be able to play NA (NTSC) games.

ok. thank you. i searched before and found pretty much that answer but i wasnt sure. thanks. i guess ill have to keep looking...(stupid region codes)

Or wait till the Wii's AR comes out, Yay for multi-regional compatability! This was nice with my GC. UK games on a US GC.

airjazz said:
As the title says I am from America (USA) and as everyone knows Wiis are incredibly hard to come by. I have found this seller in the UK who will sell me one. My question is....Will this affect me somehow? Are there region codes that will restrict certain features? Or is it they the same model as over here?

Exchange rate sucks so you will spend alot more to constantly be buying UK games.

However if you are a person from the UK, it is actually a great deal (I've discovered after doing the calculations) to buy a US Wii and import all your games even with the cost of shipping.

except for the fact the Wii wont work in a different regoin and different region games...so doesnt really work out cheaper for the fact that you wont be able to use it :(

Back