Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

An Ethical Dilemma Like I’ve Never Played Before — “Fire Emblem” Beats “BioShock” At

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by vashivihan, Feb 10, 2008.

1. vashivihan

vashivihan Let There Be Rock

Wii Friend Code: 8799-9801-1544-7718
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    link

2. Wiimoto

Wiimoto Sonic + Brawl = Ownage

That is pretty amazing, i've played both of them once and never imagined that a game could do that to you.

Btw, can someone put a spoiler tag about what happened in bioshock that was that bad, I never played through the game just saw it at my friends, whats so amazing that it would compare to this?

3. link1305

link1305 WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 8485-7928-2230-8792
    8485-7928-2230-8792
    I didn't read the whole quoted story, but I have played Bioshock so I can only assume he's talking about...

In Bioshock there are neutral characters called "little sisters" which you can, throughout the course of the game, choose to either "harvest" or "save". Now by harvesting them you get a lot of ability points, but they supposedly 'die' in the process. By saving them you get fewer ability points, but they go on to live, and you have freed them from their current existence. Oh yeah, these 'little sisters" are young girls in dresses who skip around the game world.

They aren't completely innocent though - they have a very 'possessed' look to them, and they 'harvest' the rest of the lifeblood from bodies of people who have died. I myself didn't really find it a big moral dilemma....I guess because in-game you don't really get penalized for "harvesting' them (instead of saving). They seem a little evil despite the fact that they look like young girls, so it didn't weight on my conscience that much...

Here is a pic. The little sister is on the right, and her "big daddy" (the body guard you have to kill before you can harvest her) is on the left.

[MEDIA]http://www.wired.com/images/article/magazine/1509/pl_bioshock3_f.jpg[/MEDIA]

4. RedProdigy

RedProdigy NOD fanatic

The whole time I read this, I lol'd because of the unfounded fear. When you're commanding Ike fighting Daein, depleting the health of a Brigand member will just force them to retreat; the person is still alive and usable. It's just if you're Daein attacking the Laguz Alliance, your characters die without returning.

Weird comparison and was there really a "moral" dilemma in Bioshock? All that resulted were 2 endings: "good" and "bad" and it wasn't like killing Little Sisters would torment you.