And one more thing!... (('Bout the "Wii Usernames.))

I'm sure the name you give you Wii will be used in about the same way Microsoft used the names on Xboxes. When you are connecting with other machines to play system link or over the network other people will be able to see you Wii's name and join your game or whatever. But until some multi-Wii games come out we won't know exactly how it is used.

Are you under the age of 14? Do you enjoy Anime in mentally dangerous quantities?

Then make sure to add Kumoriken to your friend list!

ok guys, to clear this up, if the wii username spot in the user cp is the one i'm thinking of, this was there since the wii came out because back then it was not clear whether or not it was the wii code and name that was important, or just the wii code. now we know that it is just the wii code that is important, so i guess it doesn't really have to be there

I recieved my Wii yesterday and while I was setting it up I noticed it already had a nickname...it's nickname was "BITCH_LIPS"...I thought it was pretty funny, I guess someone in the factory was having some fun, but now I am wondering if anyone else has seen something similar???

My guess is this will be important later if/when the Wii can find neighboring Wiis and attempt a wireless connection with them for gameplay or similar. Until a function like that shows up, however, I don't think anything uses this field.

It may also have to do with Nintendo DS connectivity (I don't have one, so I do not know if "names" for wireless devices are required for the DS.)

Back