Another Update Available?

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
Another Wii System Update is available. There's no letter from Nintendo in the Wii inbox explaining what it is for and no noticeable changes on the surface. The Wii System version still says version "3.2U," but there is something new to download.

Go to "Wii Options" in the lower left of the Wii menu, select "Wii Settings" and then choose "Wii System Update" to download it. A fairly recent Wii system update was available on 3/20/08, which was in preparation for the WiiWare releases.

Source

Maybe it was something else to prepare for WiiWare? Or maybe its like that one time with the weird ? mark showing up in peoples saved data.

I will have to check my Wii later on.

My Wii isn't glowing blue yet, so I'll wait. I have trouble connecting unless it's inside a game or inside a Nintendo letter...

Didn't the letter say this update was used for future wii titles to make then work?

There is still another update available. The first one was for the wiiware, but the second one I don't know. You guys should check it out, go update your wii again.

Guys, you need to read the post.

The point is that you aren't going to get a letter from Nintendo, your wii isn't going to light up, but [apparently] there IS an update to download. Because so, you'll have to manually do an update by going into your wii's settings.

Did the update and posted about it in the wiiware update thread. No noticeable changes though.

LevesqueIsKing said:
Guys, you need to read the post.

The point is that you aren't going to get a letter from Nintendo, your wii isn't going to light up, but [apparently] there IS an update to download. Because so, you'll have to manually do an update by going into your wii's settings.

Ya you do get a letter. I got it yesterday. It just states the update is in preperation for wii ware.

LevesqueIsKing said:
:wtf:

...try to pay attention.

is that seriously u in ur avatar?

well i updated, so it's true..
hey wouldnt it be funny if ion was sotoru iwata?-lol
that would be awckward

was this update just released today? Cause yesterday was the last time I updated it and i just tried again a minute ago and it said my wii alreay has th most recent update?

disturbed said:
was this update just released today? Cause yesterday was the last time I updated it and i just tried again a minute ago and it said my wii alreay has th most recent update?

I did an update yesterday as well (I don't leave my Wii on 24 hours for the automatic updates), and received an email from Nintendo about it. Like you, I found no new one today when I checked manually... :cool:

Well all i know is i updated twice in the last two days. Perhaps we aren't getting a second message because the offices are closed due to it being easter.

Back