Anyone else having troble with the Shop Channel?

skidmarx

semi-pro thumb jockey
May 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Wii Online Code
5556-6677-7123-4567
Well? My update worked, Weather and News worked, but I can't get into the shop.

I think that code was the same one that i got when i tried to connect to wii shop, too. i called nintendo and the operator said that was a problem they had with some of the first wii's, and that i would have to send it in so they can fix it. i haven't gotten it back yet, so i'm not sure if they've fixed the problem, but i read on some other forums that if you change your router channel to 1 or 11 wii shop will work. its def worth a shot before having to go 2-3 weeks without one like me....

i already tried the 1 and 11 thing.....sometimes I do get on the shopping channel but usually if will not connect. And I have no problem with any of the
other internet stuff like news and weather. Very weird

I don't see how changing the channel your Wii and router communicate would do anything. The only thing that would do is give you better reception so you're not using the same flooded channel as everyone else around you. Meaning if it use to work before, then that means 80 people just moved in next door and use nothing but WiFi.

Last edited:
Wii Shopping Channel

What I don't understand is that I am connected to the internet because I get
news, weather and voting channel updates and when I check my connection
it says I am connected, but it will not connect to the shopping channel. Would that mean it is a software problem?
Also, I went out and bought Wii points so that I could get the internet channel and can't use it so can you use them in a store to buy games?

Back