Apple Macbook or Pro?

Gam3rFr3ak

WiiChat Member
Sep 26, 2007
Wii Online Code
4373-3809-6371-5026
So i am in the process of looking for a laptop and i am looking at getting the newest Apple Macbook. What I am wondering is whether or not i should go for the Pro instead or stick with the Macbook. The reason I'm getting it is because Ill be going off to college next year so my needs are only for schoolwork and entertainment. My other issue is the possible incompatibility with Microsoft based products. Is there a way to get around that? Any one who owns or knows about the new Macbooks plz reply...THX

I have a 15-inch Macbook Pro. But I only needed it because I'm a design major. Otherwise I would have never decided to get one since PC laptops are a million times cheaper.

I recommend getting what fits your wallet the best. PCs are more application-friendly while Macs are less prone to viruses, tend to work better when doing a bunch of work on it (particularly with design programs), and sometimes has more expensive software. On the Macbook end, there is otherwise not much else in Pro's extra features that you will need. Generally, the difference between standard and Pro is that Pro just = more of the same packed into it (more HD space more RAM more screen sizes, etc.). If you are only wanting entertainment and school work, do you really need to pay more to beef it up? Unless you just looove the way Macbook Pros look...you should just decide based on your needs. If you are worried about Macs having the microsoft programs you need, you need not worry since there are mac versions of microsoft office and such. But see what programs you may need first and see if there are Mac versions you can get before deciding on a Max.

Anyway, in my opinion, since you seem to desire only standard purposes for your laptop, it sounds like a PC laptop would fit you just as well as any Macbook would.

Last edited:
My mom has a Macbook Pro, and my brother has a Macbook. The only real thing I've noticed is that it's a lot easier to work in the dark with a Macbook Pro, because they have back-lit keys.

I'm a Mac guy, because applications that come with it (or with iLife) are really handy. I like them personally. I know people who have bought a Mac just for making videos with Movie.

But as Bio said, it's really based on what you need it for. And the Microsoft thing? Mail allows you to convert Pages into Microsoft Word, Numbers( is that what it's called? I'm stuck on a junk PC) might have Excel compatibility, etc. And I know my mom uses Parallels, but you would still need a starter disk, but you can easily download a torrent of it.

Back