Are the VC games online multiplayer?

Tech9mm

WiiChat Member
Dec 13, 2006
Oklahoma City
Wii Online Code
0298-8904-4509-8920
I don't have Wii but I'm planning to get one and me and a couple of friends was just wondering will we be able to play the VC games together online

there probably wont be because Nintendo said they werent going to change gameplay from the original game

but thats not to say that we could not see original (original being new games developed by little known developers) games come out in the virtual console that have multiplayer gameplay

are we talking about online vs multiplayer, or two VC controllers on the same wii vs? from reading this it sounds like internet vs

nah doesn't seem like it. they aren't changing it from the original. Im thinking they are just "legal roms" that yo download off the net, maybe the only thing they fix is resolution and technical visual stuff but not the actual game. i've heard they do change the game just slightly sometimes but its not major things and you might not even notice it. I doubt adding multiplayer is one of them.
Imagine playing teenage mutant ninja turtles in multiplayer , damnn!!! or bubble bobble!! damn!! lol

savoirvivre said:
nah doesn't seem like it. they aren't changing it from the original. Im thinking they are just "legal roms" that yo download off the net, maybe the only thing they fix is resolution and technical visual stuff but not the actual game. i've heard they do change the game just slightly sometimes but its not major things and you might not even notice it. I doubt adding multiplayer is one of them.
Imagine playing teenage mutant ninja turtles in multiplayer , damnn!!! or bubble bobble!! damn!! lol

i understand that they don't want to change the original games that have already been out but that is not to say that they arent going to be making some NEW ORIGINAL games specifically for download over the virtual console for people to play and they could possibly add online multiplayer (This is a NEW game from most likely a 3rd party developer)

pizzaluvr said:
yes thats what he means, i don't get why they don't do it...

Because most of the games are in no way owned by nintendo, thus meaning you would have to have those developers actually change there games.

Why would they change games that are years upon years upon years old to play online.

vagrant said:
Because most of the games are in no way owned by nintendo, thus meaning you would have to have those developers actually change there games.

Why would they change games that are years upon years upon years old to play online.

no im talking about NEW never before played games ones specifically developed for the virtual console for download, kinda like how they are doing wiiware but they can develope a game and release it to be a channel on the wii menu and they could add online support there would be nothing to change because they would develope the game that way it just depends if the company wants to spend time and money on all those features

komio said:
no im talking about NEW never before played games ones specifically developed for the virtual console for download, kinda like how they are doing wiiware but they can develope a game and release it to be a channel on the wii menu and they could add online support there would be nothing to change because they would develope the game that way it just depends if the company wants to spend time and money on all those features

Not a bad idea, definitely developing games for VC would be much cheaper to make.

Not a bad idea for a brand spankin new game release for the VC console. I just hope that's not what the wii was made for though. I still want my wii level nexgen games with 3d graphics and all that. vc games are awesome though, not bashing it.

I'd love for multi player VC games to go online. But that'd cause more work and more money on Nintendo's size now wouldn't it? I mean imagine how many people will start playing Bomberman online, or Mario Kart, or even Smash TV... It'd require more servers for Nintendo to be set up and it'd most likely cost a pretty penny - also the fact that they'd have to set up new systems to correspond with the online play will most likely also be a pain in the ass as it'll be .. how you call it.. "not the original"; and people will criticize that its "not the same" and thus its "not worth it".

But then again; they won't do it - I somewhat doubt Nintendo will think people would care about VC online play when they'll have such games like Super Smash Brothers Brawl online :p ... well actually some might but most people won't as they're most likely not hardcore gamers ... most of Wii's target market is the "casual player" and I doubt most casual players have played Retro games ...

(But wow; Bomberman multi player... *drool*)

Back