Multiplayer VC

jONEz

WiiChat Member
Jan 31, 2007
Does anyone know if there are plans to make the VC systems support online play? There's a few PC emulator's that allow you to play 2 player games over the internet. I think this feature alone would really boost sales of games for the VC.

I don't think tehy would do that but maybe if they had games that were downloadable non-via Virtual Console those could be online

I know for positive it will not be online. They expilcityly said that they will use the origonal version of the game. So it cant support online play.

The games are placed onto the VC as they appeared in thier original state, except for the console transfer obviously. So I highly doubt the online functionality of VC games. But I could be wrong.

that would be sick....but im just waitin for mari kart wii for wifi

Nintendo has said that online play on VC is an option I wouldn't be suprised if it happened.

I would and besides with most NES - N64 games their would be no point in having online

A Neo Geo rep confirmed it a while back. VC games can be played online multiplayer. Nintendo said their focus was getting Wii games like Pokemon, and SSBB online first. We'll have to wait and see what Nintendo has for us down the road.

All 3 systems can play any game online. The question is will Nintendo overcome their greatest weakness? Online gaming.

Back