Are the VC games online multiplayer?

It probably wouldn't be real hard to put these games online because if u think about it roms that you download off the net and play in emulators can be played on kalliera which is a program that lets u play old NES, SNES, Sega, Neo-Geo, Arcade, and more online with friends. so its possible but thats if Nintendo wants to put in the extra effort to do it.

I think it has to do more with legality of it, like it would be basically altering someone elses work. Their own they could do it sure.

people are stupid read the post before you post, im NOT talking about changing bomberman or any other title such, im talking about developers creating a whole new game and adding online to it, i forget what interview it was in but it was stating that nintendo also wanted to leave the virtual console for other developers to create games so that they could sell them on there, im not talking about altering already exsisting titles im talking about creating NEW ones altogether and its possible. i doubt it would cost much money to do either just look at the crappy titles they are coming out with for the DS ( open season, digimon) they can just use those servers haha

komio said:
people are stupid read the post before you post, im NOT talking about changing bomberman or any other title such, im talking about developers creating a whole new game and adding online to it, i forget what interview it was in but it was stating that nintendo also wanted to leave the virtual console for other developers to create games so that they could sell them on there, im not talking about altering already exsisting titles im talking about creating NEW ones altogether and its possible. i doubt it would cost much money to do either just look at the crappy titles they are coming out with for the DS ( open season, digimon) they can just use those servers haha

I think it would be great if Nintendo decides to go ahead and do that, it would open the market better for smaller developers to get some games out there.

komio said:

What do you mean creating a whole new game and adding online to it?

Why do that; why not concentrate on the games it already has and put them online? Making new games to put them online will most likely suck in my opinion but having Tales of Symphonia Online etc would be great...

And if Nintendo made a game; It'd have a choice of adding online or not to it; period. It shouldn't make a game for it's only purpose to be online play. Such things like that would most likely be low budget projects maybe - such as the Wii Sports online or something...

Ah well.. only my opinion; so many different ways the Wii and its online capability with its functions can be adapted to new games.

i wish they did put vc games online so then i could kill everyone on smash bros 64 with pikachu (im UNBEATABLE), also perfect dark online would be sick aswel as mariokart 64 and all the classics it would make them alot of money i think coz im not happy with the prices for vc games at all obviously if them games come out i will still buy them eventually but if they had online i would not hesitate to buy them as soon as i see them 4real and all my friends think the same, ninty could make a lot more money if they did this even if it did cost them a bit to do it i bet they would earn 10x more back

Back