Argos Pre-Order [UK]

Dec 4, 2006
Northern Ireland - Co. Down
Wii Online Code
8263-8201-5467-9061
I pre-ordered a Wii about two/three weeks ago and although I was told I will get it on the 8th [launch] it says there is two days delivery but they don't deliver on weekends which may mean no wii until the 12th.

I am also worried about the lack of feedback on my pre-order as the likes of GAME send you a confirmation letter/email.

I have been told I will get it but something doesn't seem right.........

Same here - but I'm hoping that they dispatch them on Thursday for a Friday delivery.

I read somewhere that Argos are getting 15000... Its gonna take some planning to get them all dispatched on the same day, but fingers crossed!

From a different forum someone said that they phoned up Argos and were told that all 15000 preorders were succesfull and they shall get a wii on the wiilease date

Argos will receive the Wii consoles a few days earlier, meaning they will dispatch it to you on release, so you would get it on the 8th.
And best thing to do if you pre-order from game, ring up, if its in store you ordered then the store may just be lazy, I ordered from Gamestation and there not making the calls till later this week!! I had them confirm mine while I was on the phone though.

ordered our wii from argos online about 3 weeks ago and rang them this friday the lady on the phone said ill get it on release day.

p.s hi all gr8 forum

Yeah, it was me who spoke to them a few days ago. My mate who works in Argos said that they have a Wii instore and there's a Nintendo demostrator coming on Wednesday, where everybody will be able to try it out. You should ask at your local Argos retail outlet. He said the console looks beautiful in real life :smilewinkgrin:

I'm off work on Friday so hoping for a morning delivery so I can *cough* test it before Santa has to hide it ;)

Fedorov said:
I'm off work on Friday so hoping for a morning delivery so I can *cough* test it before Santa has to hide it ;)

Its gonna be an interesting day - a race to see who's comes first!

I preordered a Wii a few days after Argos started offering it for pre-order (mid October). I received a phone call today from Argos letting me know that they don't have enough Wii's from Nintendo and I won't be getting one at launch.

However I know people who ordered from Argos a month later and they are getting their console on Friday. It appears Argos have completely messed up here and not allocated consoles on a first come first served basis as they should have. On top of this customer services blamed it on Nintendo and Argos make you pay the full cost of the console when ordering!

Good luck to the rest of you lot in getting yours!

w00t! Argos just delivered my Wii, with Red Steel, Zelda, NFS Carbon, Wii Play and extra Nunchuck! can't wait to get home from work to play this baby!

O god not argos are you lot stupid or sommit all video games consoles may be £10 cheaper but they defintely don't have them on lauch day!!!!

Back